Lasik Procedure, yes or no?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i did it and love it and would do it all over again, I had glasses for long period of my life and now I am glasses free. I love being able to wear sunglasses and wake up and open my eyes and being able to see. my eyes were -6.75 in each eye

if you do it, I recommend getting the lifetime enhancement

I'd do it but everyone says i look better with glasses :( that, and i'm too lazy to wear contacts, so i've had glasses forever... but LASIK seems cheaper now and easier/faster etc... I'd do it if I had the cash... my vision is growing worse :(

my boss at my old job had it done. he raves about it.

up to you though.

as a non-glasses person, i can't make that decision for you. i personally don't think i would have it done. but, i don't have to live with the day to day pains of it either, so i'm baised.

I'm a little nearsighted and have been considering Ortho-K. Non-surgical, non-permanent corneal reshaping. The Chinese have done it for thousands of years by sleeping with little bags of sand on their eyes. This is pretty much the same thing, just more precise. They make a topographical map of your cornea, and you sleep with special contacts that reshape them while you sleep. You get up in the morning, remove the contacts, and have perfect vision for the day.

Orthokeratology (Ortho-k) - Non-Surgical Corneal Reshaping
Orthokeratology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bumping an old thread on purpose - wanna know if anyone has anything current to add to the lasik topic? i scheduled a consultation for 7/21. because i have astigmatism and wear toric lenses, i am stuck in my glasses indefinitely - definitely til the consult, even longer if they consider me a viable candidate. i don't have my scrip handy but i'll add it here when i dig it up. i'm curious if anyone else with a pretty solid pile of astigmatism has gone for a consult, and how it went.

i've been reading up on IOLs too - intraocular lenses - anyone have anything to say about that?

thanks, and if you have to flame for the old thread bump, go ahead - it just makes better sense to me to keep the conversations organized ;).

my friend just got it done and he is happy just be sure to do resaerch on whoever is doing the procedure and what his or her succses rate is. good luck

Back