Last night: worst night of my life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not necessarily. it takes time for your the alcohol to get into your blood stream, so technically i could have drank the drinks, then took off home, got pulled over at a time when i was below a .08 (because it wasn't in my bloodstream yet), then blew a .10 at the station because now its in my blood. the thing about that is that the law states that the BAC that matters is the one at the time that i was driving, so therefore i would be ok if my BAC was legal at the time i was pulled over, regardless of what it was when i blew the test at the station.

a little update, i have hired a lawyer. its Mr. DUI as he's known here in San Diego. the other guy in the office is known as Mr. Ticket. for all of you who read Impot Tuner, he did an interview in it a while back. i can't remember the month or year, but the cover had a head-on shot of a blue EK with Lambo doors opened up with a girl posed in front of it. Well this guy knows his shit and i am reall confident with him taking care of it for me. As it turns out the CHP didn't follow any protocol for the breathalyzer test, both of them, so that is one angle of his defense, and if those get knocked out, then they basically have nothing. This guy is also the only lawyer in the county of San Diego to be certified on these machines to work on them and instruct people on the use of them, so he knows what he's talking about with them. he has a lot more stuff, but it is too in depth and i don't wanna write a novel here.

one interesting thing i learned last night though is about the innaccuracy of the PBT or preliminary breath test, which is the one they give on the side of the road. my lawyer did a special on the news here in SD a while back where he gave advice on what to do if you are pulled over. he also said, NEVER under any circumstances, take the PBT. then he demonstrated why. He had his wife, who is actually his secretary also, blow into the machine and it read a .00. Then he had her eat a piece of Wonder bread right there in the newsroom and blow into it again. Get this, it read a .08. No bullshit.

a little info for you guys. In CA, and i do believe this is nationally, you can refuse all field sobriety tests, includin the PBT, and of course you can invoke your 5th amendment rights and only have to answer questions about info on your drivers license. yea they will take you to the station and give you either a breath or blood test, but it is the accurate one so its better.

Quoted post[/post]]
1 beer is enough to put you at .08 so if a few hours have past and you have anything over .01 then it would show that you had to of been at least .08+ when taken in.

If 2 hours after the fact you blew a .10 then damn you were doin petty good when you got pulled over lol.

umm i think you meant anything over .10 would mean atleast a couple beers

BAC%20Chart.gif

where'd you get that from, it doesn't look accurate compared to any other charts i've ever seen

WTF? you just posted the first thing you found... and what was the point of that? i think you are drunk, so read the damn chart

Actually...I'm sober and at work installing a aft cargo bulkhead and cargo liner on an S-92....

reading small print all night on the blueprints...so I'm tired of reading....

I just wanted to state with that gif...that one beer will not put you over the legal limit for driving....unless your 85 pounds...skinny as hell, and have no metabolism.

they did this on mythbusters the other day... driving tired vs driving drunk.

it took adam almost 3 beers in 20 min to break .08

Quoted post[/post]]
they did this on mythbusters the other day... driving tired vs driving drunk.

it took adam almost 3 beers in 20 min to break .08
yea but i'm sure an hour later his BAC was a lot higher than .08. Thats why the lawyer told me that his optimal DUI case would be one where a person took all of their shots or shtogunned a bunch of beers then IMMEDIATELY started driving. basically for the reason i said above, it takes time for the alcohol to enter the bloodstream. so if the person gets home or pulled over before it soaks into the bloodstream, technically they are legal

I'm basing my 1 drink to put someone at .08 BAC off of all the shit we get day in and day out.

Keep in mind my name is on a liquor licence.

The info I've seen is an AVG from test done to see how fast your BAC can go up.

3 beers might be .08 in 20 mins but I bet it would be much higher after another 20 mins.

I could take 10 shots and 5 mins later blow a low BAC..... give it an hour to set in then try it again.

Yeah, it takes time for the alcohol to soak in. Hell, I'm drunk right now, and had several offenses. Not all of them DUI. My first was a DUI, and wow, what a day. I drank 17 pounders, one drink a piece. I wanted to go straight home, feeling ok. Got talked into some afterhours bullshit. By 45 minutes later, I was DRUNK. 15 mins. after that, I had wrecked my car. 30 mins later I was given two BACs. .146 and .149. A lawyer got me dropped down to Neg. driving in the 1st. But that was 10 years ago almost. I wouldn't have three good drinks and drive now.

Good luck man. Learn from your(and our) mistakes.

I was going to be a cop. I have a two year CJ degree, as well as an AA. I love my job, and I'm glad how things turned out, even though I couldn't see it at the time.

coming from a 2 time offender, it only gets worse the 2nd time... WAY worse.. let this be a lesson and don't forgot about how much it sucks... especially years later. you will make it through, if you want to discuss my cases, feel free to AIM me sometime: pmdALLstars

I'm still dealing with my duii in Oregon... my first offense so I got to take the diversion class, and lost the license for 90 days. I caught the cop in a lie on tape, and still couldn't win.

for future reference, when you're in custody ( they have to watch you for 20 mins.) start burping before you blow. if you burp it starts bringing the fluids from your stomach to your mouth=higher bac. they have to either wait longer, or give you a blood test. this should drop the numbers.
also it is treated different if you blow over a .15

Back