latest addition to the colelction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here is the question that I asked Noblespirit via e-bay:

"What kinda BULLSHIT operation doesn't accept a credit card or Paypal for a purchase over $100?! Especially when unable to verify the contents of the purchase!! Like the guy that won this auction, I wouldn't send you shit that couldn't be challenged/protested in the event you ripped me off!!"

That is such BS!! :angry:

b: you're forgetting about an economic principle that makes investing such a wonderful way to save money over a long period of time.......compounding interest.

If you saved $100 a PAYCHECK that's $2600 a year. With the magic of compounding interest that inital inestment of $2600 ALONE would grow to a whopping $56,000 with a modest rate of return of 8% in 40 years. By continually adding to the pie every pay period, that would swell to be a HUGE amount of money.

That's why stocks are the best long-term investment value. Of course, the stock market is also much more volatile than a savings account. But given enough time, the risk of losses is mitigated by the general upward momentum of the economy.

Is the stock market gonna crash? Maybe. Are you and most everyone else on this board young enough to weather the storm? Certainly.

(Look at the price of gold vs the price of Coca-Cola stock over the same time period. I'd rather have the Coke stock than a gold bar!)

8% is conservative rate of return for the stock market. My 401(k) has an average return double that until last year. It's still over 8% though.

When investing a good rule of thumb is to invest your age in bonds or other low yeild/low risk investments and the rest in stocks. i.e. if your 25, 25% would be bonds and 75% of your portfolio would be in stocks. Adjust that every 5 years 'til you retire. In order to diversify, mutual funds are a good place to start.

Back