Latest tinge of creativity....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
aej.sized.jpg

aek.sized.jpg

i have to do it again for the boost gauge. i used the same method as for making motor mounts... except i used a glass tube from work that was a hair smaller than the guages i have - for that tizzite fit.

how can i smooth it out now? i know the soap trick for when you apply it... can i use a thick hobby paint as a filler and a razor blade to trim? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

the product at hand is black RTV.

My question is, Is it sandable?

My friend did this, but with a body filler compound, and it looks awesome.

ill just have to slice some of the top off for that. great idea. then i can paint it up afterwards.

anyone know how i can paint the chrome trim ring on these guages?? i cant get the ring off to paint it seperately.

mask it really well with tape and use a razor blade to cut along the outside of the ring then scuff it with a 3m pad and spray it.

when the second vent hole dries, i will be using glazing puddy... illl sand it down and smooth.... then insert and wire up the guages!

Originally posted by xyswany@Dec 16 2003, 11:09 PM
use some glazing putty (like bondo but finer) and sand it smoov.

i put a layer of it on 2 nights ago... but does it ever dry? <_<

well, if its not dry when i wake up, its all coming off in favor of bondo-plastic. atleast the other silicon will be dry and i can finish it all up nice.

fuck it. this is how it went into the car.

ael.sized.jpg

some of the lovely sabrina modeling behind it.

Why don't you make a carbon fiber bezel for the gauges? Or from a thin sheet of black plastic or metal?

Back