launch with auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guy what going on if just got this accord you know so i was taking it down to the track this week. what is a good way for a better launch since it is an auto but i am hoping that my accord is faster than my van or close too well any way i would apreciate the help

This is what I do.
Hold down brake with left foot.
Rev engine in D until brakes start to squeek and you just barely move forward.
Stage. After last yellow, let go of brake and floor it. I ran 11.2. My car is slow.
Seemed to work better than just flooring it. I ran 11.5 just flooring it. Seemed to make me faster.

Peace

1: Buy slicks
2: Shift to Neutral
3: Rev to redline
4: Drop into drive

Without slicks - apply brake with left foot, step on gas with right foot, let go of brake when green lights.

but by droping wouldnt that fuck up my tranny, that is no big deal or anything because i would just do a trainy swap since i going to be about 2400 for a new rebuilt tranny in me accord but still never the less i dont want to fuck it up just yet

:angry: any one who tells you to neutral drop is a moron and should be
shot at dawn. oh yea your best techique would probably be a power
brake or you could even get a new torque converter one with a higher stahl.
Step1 start off in low power brake launch
Step2 sift between 100-150 rpm before red line (to allow the tranny to shift)
Step3 repeat step 2 until you hit drive

Note never use over drive It's for econimy not speed
:ph34r:

what??? the little sports button is for economy?? i thought it would help with speed. damn that shows my ignorance. well at least i know nowl.

thanx

no the sport button is for stiffer shifts just go to the d not the d with the O around it thats over drive
I personally only drive manuels but if an auto is your thing go for it. oh yea if I'm not mistaken you can have honda computers reprogramed for stiffer shifts and set your shift pionts and eliminate the rev limiter. To awnser those questions just go to your local speed shop and they can tell you.
:spin:

Does the brake torque hurt the brakes and/or tranny at all? sounds fun but when stuff is fun it usually breaks. memories of my friend jumping 40ft in his cheerokee :D

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 17 2003, 01:43 PM
Fast = Broken
Fun = Broken
Ford = Broken

So true :D i should get that vid up for u guys of that jeep jump its pretty amazing for a stock jeep :shocked:

Originally posted by civicxxman@Sep 10 2003, 10:40 PM
no the sport button is for stiffer shifts just go to the d not the d with the O around it thats over drive
I personally only drive manuels but if an auto is your thing go for it. oh yea if I'm not mistaken you can have honda computers reprogramed for stiffer shifts and set your shift pionts and eliminate the rev limiter. To awnser those questions just go to your local speed shop and they can tell you.

ok i have a 91 auto accord with the sport botton, and ye that little sport botton does help, but you guys said to not put it into over drive, the thing is it will be in 3rd gear if it is not in over drive, the "O" is aroung forth gear.

I had to buy tranny for showing off at a local hangout in wichita, :blink:
and it all came back on the goodside of things because now i have a 5-speed so it took a turn for the bessttt. :)

the O is for overdrive it only kicks your final gear in so your engine isnt raping to shit so if your car is stock and auto you dont have to worry about putting it in drive or overdrive. ;)

So sometimes it is worth nuetral droping the shit out of your car. B)

Originally posted by civicxxman@Sep 10 2003, 10:40 PM

what good would it do to have no rev limiter on an auto?

Back