launching with drag radials

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
i picked up a set of wheels with some nearly new bfg drag radials on them 205/50/15. i have never used any type of slicks or drag tires before so i wanted to get some advice before i take it to the track.

what air pressure should i air them down to at the track?

proper technique to heat them up? how much spinning?

what kind of 60ft time can i expect? i run 2.3s on street tires.

no one on here has any experience with drag radials? cmon guys...

also i have adjustable shocks all around... should i go full stiffness on all 4 for the track?

I would try mid-low 20 lbs in the tires (just my opinion)

Dont be silly and think you need all that water on your tires (use just a little if any)

Stiffness can help but too much and your hopping all over the place.

Just go hang out and give it a try. Launch around 4.5-5K and just be observant
of what the car does and make adjustments.

You should be a little under 2 seconds for 60ft time

i guess ill start with all 4 shocks on full stiffness and if i get wheel hop ill loosen the front up. ill start at 25 psi and see how that does unless someone else has some firsthand experience with bfg's that says otherwise. should be hitting the track this friday if the weather is ok.

any other advice anyone?

Good luck with it all. Hope your axles are up for the challenge too. (they should be fine if they're in good condition) I would load the clutch a little too (hold the e-brake up a little while engaging the clutch ever so slightly) I truly believe that helps avoid a shock to the system when power is transferred to the axles.

Bring an air pump if car bogs down with 25psi in tires....or just launch higher

Back