laws?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you're in for a rude awakening next year. Florida just adopted calilfornia emissions for 2011. :)

SON OF A F"CKING B"TCH!!!!! are you serious!?! Time to google some info.
dammit http://green.autoblog.com/2007/07/12/flordia-sees-the-light-adopts-californias-emission-standards/

Theres no way my cb7 will pass an emission law. I just found out today I shoot a flame out when I rev around 6k some and let it just idle down or down shift from around 6k and let it idle down.

I think I'm going to move...

Last edited:
you should. florida sucks anyway. not saying san antonio is any better but....yeah...florida sucks as bad.

hey hey hey easy on florida guys :mad:

i was born and raised in florida, i have traveled to every corner of this state and there is no where else like it. from the keys and everglades, to the gulf coast, the many miles of intercoastal water, and the hundreds of undeveloped inland lakes, there is nothing like florida.

as far as emissions go... yeah that would really really suck. my car will not pass. no one has catalytic converters here, it would be bad.

smog test is a joke, as long as they don't turn into CA and force you to do random inspections.

In Maryland if its OBD2, you have to let them plug into your OBD2 port, if no errors flash, you pass. Oh, you also can't have smoking coming out the exhaust for more then 10 seconds.

For OBD1 cars or older you have to do a sniffer test. Check out Es post about his smog test, or just learn to run different ECUs or tunable ECUs, you can run them as lean/rich as you like, just find the sweet spot and you'll past.

I had a B16 in my civic running Hondata with a SIR or GSR map, failed the test, swapped to a stock D16 ECU P28? I think, retook the test not 10 minutes later and passed with flying colors.

Problem with CA isn't the smog, its the fact that a random parts without CARB #s = major problems! No CARB #s for your parts or having a stash of drugs, still not sure what's worse lol. F CA!

hey hey hey easy on florida guys :mad:

i was born and raised in florida, i have traveled to every corner of this state and there is no where else like it. from the keys and everglades, to the gulf coast, the many miles of intercoastal water, and the hundreds of undeveloped inland lakes, there is nothing like florida.

as far as emissions go... yeah that would really really suck. my car will not pass. no one has catalytic converters here, it would be bad.

You don't need cats if its an OBD2 car. as long as it doesn't throw any errors. Best part about cats is on newer cars you can't tell what is and is not a cat so they really have no training on spoting cats, the civic LX had the cat right on the exhaust manifold on the motor, so you could look all day under the car and never see a cat unless you knew where to look.

In MD they look under the car with mirrors but its called a "safety check" I'm pretty sure their insurance makes them do it. I've yet to hear someone get flagged for not having cats.

so they really have no training on spoting cats

I have training and I'm good at it.

387667598_ea86c93d81.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THERES ONE!

Now I was doing some reading last night about CA emission laws and only a couple of counties are required to do the emission checks. I didn't know this BUT florida did have a 9 year emission checks before 2000, and they quit the program for some reason. But even though they were having these checks, I dont remember hearing anything about it. I mean... I live right next to a mill that boils and burns sugar cane and god knows what. What would be the point of checking to see if your car is smog safe?

it's all about money.

in order to receive federal funding for roads, states must run an emissions program.

with budgets tapped as they are, more states will be adapting this to get the funding.

Theres no way my cb7 will pass an emission law. I just found out today I shoot a flame out when I rev around 6k some and let it just idle down or down shift from around 6k and let it idle down.

I think I'm going to move...

smog test is a joke, as long as they don't turn into CA and force you to do random inspections.

In Maryland if its OBD2, you have to let them plug into your OBD2 port, if no errors flash, you pass. Oh, you also can't have smoking coming out the exhaust for more then 10 seconds.

For OBD1 cars or older you have to do a sniffer test. Check out Es post about his smog test, or just learn to run different ECUs or tunable ECUs, you can run them as lean/rich as you like, just find the sweet spot and you'll past.

I had a B16 in my civic running Hondata with a SIR or GSR map, failed the test, swapped to a stock D16 ECU P28? I think, retook the test not 10 minutes later and passed with flying colors.

Problem with CA isn't the smog, its the fact that a random parts without CARB #s = major problems! No CARB #s for your parts or having a stash of drugs, still not sure what's worse lol. F CA!
:werd:

https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/e-vs-emissions-501184/

:)

Back