Laying in the sun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matty49

Ok, so I have a 94 Accord EX(cdn) with F22/auto. and when it sits in the sun and the heat the car won't start. Theres power to everything, but the fuel pump doesn't come on to pressure up the system or anything. It's just dead. I can wait a half hour and come back to it and turn the key and there is no problem. When it's cool outside there's never a problem. I was thinking it's the fuel pump relay but that's just a guess. I haven't played around with it yet, any insight?

Last edited:
Matty49 said:
Ok, so I have a 94 Accord EX(cdn) with F22/auto. and when it sits in the sun and the heat the car won't start. Theres power to everything, but the fuel pump doesn't come on to pressure up the system or anything. It's just dead. I can wait a half hour and come back to it and turn the key and there is no problem. When it's cool outside there's never a problem. I was thinking it's the fuel pump relay but that's just a guess. I haven't played around with it yet, any insight?
HI,
Check the Ignitor, I have a 1993 Honda Accord w/ the same symptoms..when it was hot outside it or it got too hot while driving it would just down on me and I had to wait till it cooled down. This is a comom probem with the 1993 not sure about 1994's. The ignitor is under the steering wheel..not sure about it's location on the 199'4s.

Hope this helps
Mary

Back