LC1 acting funny at times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

hey guys, ive been using my LC1 for a few weeks now in my turbo sol. been woring fine but then recently ive been having trouble connecting, it will connect almost always at idle, ill start driving, its still reading, when i let my foot off the gas and brake to slow to a stop, the sensor cuts out and says heater open, or lost power. mostly heater open. sometimes it will reconnect and other times it wont connect. it seems to only want to work when there is more flow through the exhaust than idle, cause most of the time it wont reconnect at idle, but when i start driving and try to reconnect on the fly it will stat reading again, until the next stopsign. i checked my power wires, everything is perfectly fine, all soldered connections. in the troubleshooting manual it says for heater open, its either the sensor or the cables attached to the sensors, i just went and got another sensor, still same thing. anyone had this problem or heard of it. thanx.

i had a small crack in my exhaust manifold that yesterday turned into the whole wastegate housing cracking off. i suspected that might have something to do with it, but wasnt sure . but when the crack was in the manifold before it broke, it was super tiny. and was not puffing any exhaust gas, at all. so i dont personally believe it had much, if any effect on the exhaust gas readings, but i thought it would be worth mentioning!

funny part was i was on teh way to the shop to get the proper welding wire to fix it, then all of a sudden, on accel it was PUFFFFFFFF haha ah well shit happens, new mani should be here in a couple days!

Paul
Toronto Canada

check your wiring. The only reason that you would get a 'heater open' or power loss would be because of a faulty harness, which is most likely your problem.

Quoted post[/post]]
check your wiring. The only reason that you would get a 'heater open' or power loss would be because of a faulty harness, which is most likely your problem.

yeah that sounds liek the probably causes, but i ran a straigh 16 guage wire right out of the fuse box straight into the LC1 power wire, with soldered connections (oh yeah 5 amp fuse installed inline as well) the power is always there, i just dont get why it ONLY does it on Deceleration. that led me to believe it was the sensor for sure, but no cure with the new sensor, i dont know how to test to condem the controller. ill do some more tests when i get my laptop back!

Contact Innovate, they might have some answers for you. It couldn't hurt.

Back