LCD lines out!..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
alright, it happened a while back and at first they'd come and go.. now they're there all the time... i was doing some reading online and think i found the problem, the TCON board/LCD controller.. its on the left side of the screen so its not that big of a deal.. just pisses me off when i look at it.. luckily the TCON board for my TV is only $30-$40 used

thoughts?

Attachments

• 0522002143a.jpg
    0522002143a.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 159
I tried that with my netbook, and yeah the netbook didn't fair well afterward.

welcome to the club. mine did this last year. warranty it if you can.

Attachments

• PICT0979.JPG
    PICT0979.JPG
    818.3 KB · Views: 149
been almost 3 yrs.. i've contacted Samsung 3 months after warranty and they said tough luck.. seems like its something i may be able to do myself if its just replacing that board.. i might also contact a Tv repair place and supply the part myself

Its actually pretty easy to do and a TV place shouldn't charge you much for it at all.

so you've done it? i may youtube a video on it..

ive opened up a bunch of LCDs its not tough at all. pretty much the LCD is plugged into a control signal board and a power board. if you have other features, like cablecard or whatnot there may be a few other boards but they are always joined together with regular internal-pc style connectors.

Back