lcd vs plasma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Samsung makes the screens for Sony and several other companies.. high quality shit..

ok i got the sam,,here at the house lol,,the reason i asked they screwed up my order 4 times so i showed my ass to the manger and he said that he would let me get the 46 inch sam and a 24 buck gift card for the same price as the lg, so i took it + rep

My uncle has like a 72''?? Plasma screen idr the surround sound he had to go along with it... he owns like 6 different big companies though....

well as you know i got the samsung 1080p lcd tv, im needing to know what dvd player to get to view movies in hd, ive saw some that says its 1080i but i have no clue what that is or what i need to get

well as you know i got the samsung 1080p lcd tv, im needing to know what dvd player to get to view movies in hd, ive saw some that says its 1080i but i have no clue what that is or what i need to get
If you plan on buying HD DVD's then your gonna need to buy an HD DVD player but if you just want some basic shit, the 'up-convert dvd players' will convert regular dvd's to 'near' HD quality. I don't need to see or hear anything spectacular so basic cheap shit is good enough for me :D

well i hope im confusing the two between blue ray and hd dvd player, because the blue ray is hella high

dvd = 480i/480p in progressive scan mode

true hi def can only come from a true hidef source, like a satelite box, cable box, or hddvd or blue-ray .

most cable/satalite broadcasts are 1080i

blue ray is the best at 1080p/24 fps

wihtout breaking th ebank, your best bet is to get an up-converting normal dvd player.
it takes 480p and turns it into 720p via line doubling.

that's an HDDVD player, not a DVD player.

even if you find a DVD player with a 1080p output, you're still limited to the dics's natural 480p recording. upconverting only goes so far.

ic now i think lol, for me to get the best im goa have to get a hddvd player or blue ray

right, and then you need HD DVD's or Blue Ray discs... lol

i'd wait.

buy a $60 upconverting dvd player for now and call it a day.

thats prolly what ill do for now, but can i rent hddvds and play them on the upconverting players,or will the hddvds look just like the normal ones since the upconverting isnt the real deal, and just rent the normal dvds

Back