lcd vs plasma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok im buying a upconverting dvd player but there asking me witch calbles do i want,,do i want the cables unlimited hdmi to hdmi cables. or do i want the hdmi digital video and audio cables hd6hh

as long as both your dvd player and tv have hdmi, yes

You did good going for the samsumg I should knoe i work for circuit city doing the installation ,delivery . n pick up of the fucked up ones. Hope you got the 5 year warranty . For dvd player get a sony has better quality use the hdmi for video n audio n if im not mistaking is has a hdmi output for the sorround system.

Last edited:
ok guys another question, i have the lcd 46 inch samsung the picture is great ,so i bought a upconverted 1080p dvd player it also has a great pic using the hdmi cables, but i noticed that while im watching a dvd the words and a few other things will still appear to be there while the screen is black, but it only does this while watching a dvd in normal tv mode it seems fine. is this normal ? and will this mess the tv up ?

ok guys another question, i have the lcd 46 inch samsung the picture is great ,so i bought a upconverted 1080p dvd player it also has a great pic using the hdmi cables, but i noticed that while im watching a dvd the words and a few other things will still appear to be there while the screen is black, but it only does this while watching a dvd in normal tv mode it seems fine. is this normal ? and will this mess the tv up ?

ITS NOT SUPPOSE TO DO THAT AT ALL SO CALL WERE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM AND LET THEM KNOE WATS GOING ON SO THEY COULD FIX IT..... I picked up a few TVs that were doing that with the X-Box it only did it with the game when the guy stop it went away...you could problably try a different dvd if it does the same if it does send it back.

ITS NOT SUPPOSE TO DO THAT AT ALL SO CALL WERE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM AND LET THEM KNOE WATS GOING ON SO THEY COULD FIX IT..... I picked up a few TVs that were doing that with the X-Box it only did it with the game when the guy stop it went away...you could problably try a different dvd if it does the same if it does send it back.
yea it done it on all the dvds, but it also only does it while im using the hdmi cables, when i use the the normal audio video cables its fine,.so do i need to take the tv back or the dvd player

i'm sure the TV is fine.. your TV should have more than one HDMI input, my Samsung has 3 HDMI inputs.. have you tried the others

yea mine has 3 also, ill cheak those tonight but if it does it in all 3 slots, im gona just hope its the dvd player and not the tv

did you set up the DVD player to use the HDMI cable?.. that might be the problem.. you know there is a HDMI option on the TV.. kinda like Video 1, Video 2 etc.. i'm sure you're not that stupid though

lol yea the tv is set to hdmi but im not sure about the player ill check that next but i did learn a little more about it tonight it does the same thing in all 3 slots but if i take the hdmi cable off and use the normal audio video cable its fine and dont do it

Back