Leaked SCO memo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
All the conspiracy theorists (myself included) who thought Microsoft was funding SCO for their lawsuits were right! Microsoft gave SCO $86 million to fund their lawyers:

Leaked Memo

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2004, 10:25 AM
how cana company be in debt when its owner has 100 times the amount of debt in savings?

They're not. As of now, SCO has $68.5 million in cash reserves. Without the Microsoft money, they would have been about $15 million in debt.

read it again... its the other way around.

the article says that M$ would be in the whole 15 mil without the bump from sco

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2004, 10:49 AM
read it again... its the other way around.

the article says that M$ would be in the whole 15 mil without the bump from sco

I realize the last negotiations are not as much fun, but Microsoft will
have brough in $86 million for us including Baystar.  The next deal we
should be able to get from $16-20, but it will be brutial as it is for
go to makerket work and some licences.

This is the smoking gun. We now know that Microsoft raised at least $86 million for SCO, but according to the SCO conference call this morning (03 Mar 2004) their cash reserves were $68.5 million. If not for Microsoft, SCO would be at least $15 million in debt today.

I still don't see it. :p

Careful before you go ape over it, where did this memo come from? Who leaked it? Is it credible? I could whip up an "insider memo" in no time and as long as I included what the few Linux Bigots out there wanted to hear they would eat it up. I am not sure that I buy into this yet. Not without more proof.

Back