1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaky wastegate

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 92civicb18b1, Apr 29, 2005.

1. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

So I fixed all the leaks, except one.

My wastegate leaks like crazy. I haven't driven it yet. But thats the only place it leaks now. It will only hold pressure for maybe 15-20 seconds at most and all the air comes from the wastegate.

I'm seriously thinking of just upgrading manifolds and using an external gate. If I don't build boost when I drive it again. Or maybe I'll just have mine flanged for an external gate.

I have to call around and see if the exhuast shops are open. If they are I'll get my exhaust finished up and I'll know on the ride there if I build boost or not. I could just get a new internal gate if I have a problem but its going to be a bitch putting it on anyway.

2. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

Wastegates are so simple, rather than try and go to an external WG, i'd try rebuilding the WG on the turbo now or swap on a new one

3. n1mr0d

n1mr0d Senior Member

Agreed. I mean what are we talkin about here. A diaphram, spring and maybe even the flap? 2 hrs with all the parts.

4. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

I just got a new used one that I know is in good condition for 25 bucks. I'm eventually going to get an external when I upgrade the turbo.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted