Lean/ broke again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
well i was running lean..

i thought i could get away with low 9.8:1 CR and no AF meter....no way......ran lean (with sonoco 93) and thus the reason for the smoke.....i think the culprate is the 91 crx std fuel pump....not shure though....

..i decided to get 82mm ctr pistons $185 shipped.......that gets me in the 12.56:1 CR and 1880.24 cc.....will the VAFC/450cc dsms' and wide band do the trick? i also have the PR3 ecu wich is socketed... and an adj fpr

.. i just want to drive my car again....i put on the suspension, got a ticket ($115) then my engine fails ....same day :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ctr pistons are available in stock 81mm and std overbore, 81.25mm. there is no such thing as 82mm ctr pistons from honda. i'd be weary about where you got them from.
and then, don't forget you're going to have to hone yourself to fit them in there...

octane of gas really has no effect on running lean. 87, without the proper mixture, will run lean the same way that 93 would.

running lean does not cause smoke. it creates a lot of heat, and thus detonation. if you're lean, there's no excess fuel to come outt he tail pipe. you have some other serious problem.

the vafc hack is so 2001.

get uberdata or turboedit if you're obd0. tune your self- don't hack yourself.

Overbore on OEM pistons is 81.25....aftermarkets come in 81.5

Sad to hear about your motor Formby, but those D-series fuel pumps are quite weak compared to even the stock B series pump.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

thats the link for the pistons..they are not oem.now that i look at them they do look a little weird........i think the reason for the smoke is either an oval cylinder wall or the valve seals/guides?????????

as far as the hack. vs turbo edit.... i am just a lttle worried that i'll fuck something up tuning the thing.. and my friends now how to tune with the hack.....Daren @ titan motorsports does turbo edit but he's expensive...i'm no moron, and i can learn how to tune....i just dont know where to get accurate info on actual settings and proven gains......ive read the IBs' site and the place

i'll be installing a walbro 255, changing the oil, plugs and seeing if it runs lean....as far as the smoke????i'll do the seals next week or something....

There are no actual settings you can read and put into your car to make it run properly. If someone you know has a wideband and maybe even a EGT, you can tune it. Don't get sucked into the VAFC hack just because its "easier", it is half assed. Get a ROM burner and some blank chips, you already have the socketed PR3. Trust me, your car will run much better because of it.

Back