ledger VS the Joker

retire the joker?

• no, the joker is bigger than ledger

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • yes, it would be honorable to do.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

there were jokers before Ledger, i dont see why there cant be jokers after

We didn't stop grunge music because cobain off'ed himself or stop watching funny movies because Chris Farley cashed out...WTF

it's lame. ledger was great, but he didn't stop the earth from rotating.

the public needs to face the facts. he's just another star that overdosed. are we forgetting that? he isnt' a martyr or a messiah, he's a druggy.

call it insensitive. i don't care. i'm probably one of the biggest fans of the movie. i'm an even bigger fan of his performance. nobody has seen 80% of his other movies. I guarantee i could name 5 movies you guys have never heard of.

it's a tragedy, he will be missed. get the fuck over it.

werd^^^ i feel almost the same about the whole situation.. i can however name more than five of his movies... but most of those were mainstream flicks, so they wouldnt count... i cant remember the less popular ones lol..

ledger's joker was certainly one of the greatest batman characters thus far, hell.. he was better than bale's batman in the dark knight... but thats not saying much, since he kinda biffed it with how he delivered his lines horribly and what seemed like an overly forced change from his first batman..

my point with that ^^ is that he showed bale up like a little kindergarten bitch boy

did you guys ever notice how different he spoke in batman begins compared to the dark knight?

he over did it for sure.

werd^^^ i feel almost the same about the whole situation.. i can however name more than five of his movies... but most of those were mainstream flicks, so they wouldnt count... i cant remember the less popular ones lol..

ledger's joker was certainly one of the greatest batman characters thus far, hell.. he was better than bale's batman in the dark knight... but thats not saying much, since he kinda biffed it with how he delivered his lines horribly and what seemed like an overly forced change from his first batman..

my point with that ^^ is that he showed bale up like a little kindergarten bitch boy

did you guys ever notice how different he spoke in batman begins compared to the dark knight?

he over did it for sure.

I said i can name 5 that you have NEVER heard of. not saying people can't name 5 movies.

but thats not saying much, since he kinda biffed it with how he delivered his lines horribly and what seemed like an overly forced change from his first batman..

he over did it for sure.

the dark night went over your head on sooooo many levels.

and they made his voice like that on purpose. it was part of the plot. and it was also used to hide the identity of batman, which was also part of the plot.

Getting rid of the Joker cuts down on the plot avenues the future films can take. Ledger did a damn fine job, but I would rather see someone try and come along and out play that role. How do things evolve and advance if you take the chance away?

Getting rid of the Joker cuts down on the plot avenues the future films can take. Ledger did a damn fine job, but I would rather see someone try and come along and out play that role. How do things evolve and advance if you take the chance away?

the dark night went over your head on sooooo many levels.

oh yes, of course that must be why i said what i said... STFU :D

and they made his voice like that on purpose. it was part of the plot. and it was also used to hide the identity of batman, which was also part of the plot.
WTF batman never had to do that before! and also I was talking about the difference between the two movies, not between scenes in the latest one.

Last edited:
ledger did an incredible joker. most of the roles he played in other movies were pretty good too.

a knights tale
10 things i hate about you (one of my favorites)

there will be more jokers. filling those shoes will be tough though.

ledger did an incredible joker. most of the roles he played in other movies were pretty good too.

a knights tale
10 things i hate about you (one of my favorites)

they said that about nicholson too...

it's all in the writing. i think when they get a crazier joker, he could be better. this joker really wasn't that crazy. he was nuts, but he wasn't "batshit fucking nuts".

it's lame. ledger was great, but he didn't stop the earth from rotating.

the public needs to face the facts. he's just another star that overdosed. are we forgetting that? he isnt' a martyr or a messiah, he's a druggy.

call it insensitive. i don't care.

:werd: :withstupid: Couldn't agree more.

they said that about nicholson too...

it's all in the writing. i think when they get a crazier joker, he could be better. this joker really wasn't that crazy. he was nuts, but he wasn't "batshit fucking nuts".

I agree. Ledger did a fine job as the Joker but there will be other actors who do a great job or even better as the Joker. Batman movies never seem to get old. But I do think shoving someone's head into a pencil to make the pencil disappear is batshit fucking crazy. I also agree that even though the press made Ledger out to be a legend he still overdosed on drugs. He was a great actor but like so many others he was stupid. I'm not saying drugs are bad, if you enjoy them then have at it, its not my problem if you are stupid and die. He made a choice to take that many drugs and he did. All we can do is enjoy his films and quit crying over his death. Being a whiny bitch won't bring him back.

Back