ledger VS the Joker

retire the joker?

• no, the joker is bigger than ledger

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • yes, it would be honorable to do.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well I think if they have the interest to molest The Shining with Jack Nicolson (sp?) into a 4 hour shitty ass remake, then they shouldn't be barred from trying to have a creepier joker.

The opinion of Heath Ledger fans should influence popular culture about as much as Mickey Rooney's flatulence.

ledger made the joker come to life as he as he was suppose to be for the first time. no other has been able to do that, and i dont think anyone else will be able to do it again.

the man was a junkie and the world is better off without him. I want to petition people to start opening up the joker role to toothless crackheads, as the only thing that seperated this idiot from them was the amount of money he had to support his habbit. All of that talent pissed away, in some reguards he's worse then the toothless crackhead.

so you're saying that heath ledger is a better actor than jack nicholson?

if the next joker watches ledgers moods in such in the film he can be better than him :)

negative. to get a better joker, you can't compete. you can't mimic him or imitate him.

you have to give re-birth to the role. thats what ledger did. thats the only way to be successful.

Getting rid of the Joker cuts down on the plot avenues the future films can take.

Not necessarily. Batman's got a giant rogues gallery. They haven't even gone through half of Batman's villains over the course of six movies yet, so I don't think they'd really be limited by not having the Joker in on the third one.

I'm not saying I agree with these idiots though. I certainly don't think the character should be retired. Ledger was great, but the character is bigger then the actor, especially in the case of the Joker.

Did you guys hear about Nolan's new movie? Apparently he's going to be doing a sci-fi flick called "Inception" that he himself wrote. Sounds interesting. After that he'll probably wrap up his Batman trilogy...

like stated in the article. those were 3 different Jokers. the first was comedic,Jack Nicholson was hateful. ledger was just fucking insane shycopathic.

and yes ALL batman from the past had to make their voice deeper and more mysterious than their regular Bruce Wayne voice.

those idiots need to take the ledger dolls out of their asses and stop ruining my life!

they said that about nicholson too...

it's all in the writing. i think when they get a crazier joker, he could be better. this joker really wasn't that crazy. he was nuts, but he wasn't "batshit fucking nuts".

New script and johnny depp. Done.

^^^ Definitely. I believe Depp has talent he has still yet to tap into.
impossible. Jack Nicholson is still alive. Well, for all intents and purposes.
Haha, that's wrong, but funny none the less.

New script and johnny depp. Done.
i dunno, johnny depp is kind of a cop out. like, he would be great, don't get me wrong. but he just always gets typecasted into that stuff. i think he might be a little too commercial for that now. if they can find a younger guy that can go crazy, i would be much more for that.

Back