Left hand turns are funnnnnnnn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well the line of cars behind the one that got hit prolly couldnt see the actual accident due to being behind the car that was hit.
at the most the prolly saw or thought they saw some guy fly through the air lol.
if someone was talking on the phone or eating or some woman screaming at her kids or putting on makeup the prolly never would have even noticed it and thought that some guy was stalled out trying to turn or was having to wait on traffic so they went around him.

Ouch. And to think... I'm thinking aobut buying a bike.

But that guy looked to be going way too fast anyway.

driver turning left looks like they are 90 and shoudn't be driving.

this is what happens.

i'm all for the testing every year once you're 65.

a drunk biker swirved into my lane almost hitting me over the summer, only to hit my friends car behind me at an estimated speed of 120, totaling my friends car and runing the bikers leg

first thing i wouldve done is call 911, fucking getting sued for helping people haha

And this is why I don't ride my bike much anymore. People are too fucking stupid to share the road with motorcycles. I live in a town of roughly 35000 people, and there have been 5 motorcycle deaths and countless injuries/crashes this year. This is a small freakin' town.

And Austin TX at night is BAD for motorcycling. Its more like playing frogger. They just take your lane away. You swerve and miss another car, get sandwitched between two cars on a center stripe and have to get the fuck out of the way, and when you finally get a lane back, some truck shoves you out of the way and takes it from you. I swear I had a Tow truck driver that was HELL BENT on making me wreck. Cutting me off, slamming on his brakes, swerving at me... Some big burly biker must have ass raped him as a kid or something.

well i dont think that vid had anythign to do with sharing the road with bikes.

seems to me that bike was going way too fast, its not like the car suddenly jerked into his lane, that was about the slowest turn ive ever seen.

Quoted post[/post]]
well i dont think that vid had anythign to do with sharing the road with bikes.

seems to me that bike was going way too fast, its not like the car suddenly jerked into his lane, that was about the slowest turn ive ever seen.

WTF?? It was the car's fault. No question about that. The car pulled in front of the biker, and although it looks like a slow turn, that wasn't enough time for the biker to react. Its not like a car where you can just suddenly change directions and slam on the brakes, spin off in the ditch and be ok.. And he was probably only going something like 40.. It just looks fast.

You don't ride, do you??

well i watched it again, the bike prolly isnt going as fast as it looks, you can tell the guy is sitting up straight prolly just cruising around.
but fromt he point the car comes into view its slowing down and preparing to turn, you cant tell because of the glare wether or not he had his blinker on. the timer on the camera skips around, but as far as i can tell there was about 4 seconds from the car entering the screen to the point of impact.
i dont know about you, but i could have turned my car out of the way in 4 seconds much less a slow moving bike.
and its not like he didnt have anywhere to go, he had an empty gas station parking lot he could have turned into.

so yeah i will say it was the cars fault for turning in front of the bike, wether or not he had his blinker on. ill also say that the bike should have been able to get out of the way, maneuverability is what bikes are all about. they are small, fast, and agile. the bike never braked or tried to turn, just ran straight into the guy.

so besides assuming ive never riden a bike, are you saying you wouldnt have tried to get out of the way?

anyone would have tried to get out of the way. thats his point. no biker would just ride into a car

holy shit.. that looked like it hurt..

Back