Left hand turns are funnnnnnnn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
well in watching the video the guy on the bike made no effort to miss it lol
it may look that way, but my friend wrecked his bike in a similar accident. 2 lanes each way, hes in the inside lane, 50 mph zone, guy in front of him slams on the brakes and tries to turn right. my friend had little to no time to react. think about when you drive, if someone pulls in front of you its almost reaction to try and avoid them. and in your car your surrounded by steel. sometimes you jut cant avoid an accident.

So you're doing 40mph, a car pulls out in front of you and gives you about 2secs total to figure out what you're going to do.

do you

A. go to the left and take chance at getting a head on with traffic.

B. Slam the brakes lock it up and slide under the car.

C. Go to the right of the car hoping that you make it around the car before the car turns off fully.

you have 2 secs to figure it out.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

When a car pulls out in front of you like that you have one option and only one option.
Try to land as soft as you can after you hit the car.

oh and say OH SHIT before you hit it.

Ask E about it. he can tell you how many options you have on a bike when you have 2 secs to think about it.

actually i cant
i dont have any memory of 3 days before or 2 weeks after my accident :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
actually i cant
i dont have any memory of 3 days before or 2 weeks after my accident :cry:

Im sure if you did you would have remembered the deer in the headlight feeling.

as far as i can tell there was about 4 seconds from the car entering the screen to the point of impact.

Even if the car was in the screen, that doesnt mean shit. people do that shit all the time, my friend crashed his bike about a month ago, a car pulled over on the side of the road, sat there, then right when my friend got close the car pulled a U turn. That car was getting ready to turn, the biker thought ok shes waiting for me to pass, WAM!

The car driver didnt see shit. sure it was there for 3-4 secs but didnt turn till that very last sec.

from what my friend who was behind me told me my accident happened so fast he didnt think it really happened
he actually passed the accident blinked and looked again and realized that i wasnt there
he said i flinched, the bike wobbled, and i hit the truck

from the close calls that i have had i can tell you there is definatly a moment of "ok i see them, i think they see me, looks like they are staying there... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" swerve (or whatever you can do to avoid them)
you dont have nearly as much time as you would think you do... because its usually not untill the last second that they seem like they are going to do what they end up doing

Back