Left With 3 Plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jairovargas

Hi
(b16a2 sirII into a 1992 civic vx vtec) I just finish the swap my self and the car runs great BUT the vtec is not kicking in plus i have codes(have not checked wihc ones).. i have 3 plugs left out.. (2 of them seem to conect somewhere to the throtle) the other one is a square one...
when i look at the original b16a2 civic sirII hardness this plugs are not there. can this be a problem??..
I also have NOT coneected the o2 sensor..
I AM USING A p28 ECU.

THANKS ANY HELP WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED >>>>

it amazes me the amount of people that don't pull the codes when they appear.. chances are that pulling the codes will tell you what is not connected as well as what is malfunctioning...

if you have a cel, i wouldn't even be trying to engage the VTEC.

pull the codes. or tell me what color wires are going to each of the 3 plugs.

here are the colours of the cables.. THANKS A LOT GUYS FOR THE HELP.
1) small round plug
-red
-yellow/black

2) big round plug(looks like tps plug)
-yellow/orange
-green/white
-white

3)square plug
-green/white
-white/black
-yeloow/white
the reason why i did not check for codes is time and is been raining too much.. :blink: thanks guys for the help

#1 is the EVAP purge control valve

#2 is the MAP sensor (if the one wire is yellow/red instead of orange)

i'm still searching for #3

are you sure it's not the O2 sensor thing??

what do you mean by the 02 sensor thing... :unsure:
well all of the plugs are plug where they are suppost to be.. but i am really worried as to how or as to where to connect this other 3 plugs.. there is no other sensors on the engine that i know of where i can plug this harness plugs...

the o2 sencor for sure is giving me a code because i still have to change from 6 wires to 4 wires (also wich wires do i get rid of for the o2 sensor)....p28ecu

CAN IT BE THAT THE ENGINE (b16a2 sirII) does not come with EVAP purge control and the map sensor, BECAUSE THIS PLUGS WERE NOT IN THE ORIGINAL B16a2 harness i got with the engine..

thanks a lot pills for the help...

do you have a 4 wire O2 sensor?? i can direct you if you have that one, but i dont think you can wire a 5 wire O2 to a p28 that i am aware of

no is a 6 wire sensor is the one that was in my vx original engine.

i thought those were 5 wire for some reason .. oh well.. i would try to get your hands on a 4 wire O2, as i think that the VX o2 requires all 6 wires to run and you can't wire that to a p28 as far as i know..

there is a chance still.. i would pm "allmotormonster" and ask him

My car is at the shop and my Helms is in the back,but i'll give you what I got.

These are the wires for your o2,it is seven wires--unless it is the California model,which has a four wire o2.

1)WHT
2)GRN/WHT
3)BLK (1)
4)YEL/BLK
5)ORN
6)ORN/BLU
7)WHT/BLU
8)--------

This is what it looks like,and it can't be plugged into anything else.

s3eb8d67081675.jpg

You say there are some around the IM,what DO you have plugged in?The MAP,IAT,did you plug your EGR back in?Try to get some pictures,or tomorrow when I get to the shop I'll bring my Helms home.

EDIT had Helms at home oops,number threee is plug C130 EGR valve lift sensor,you won't use it the B16 does have it.Pills is right about the others they need to be hooked up and the B16 does have a evap purge.

i got a jdm b16 sirII a few months ago. it didnt have an evap solenoid on the motor or a plug for it on the harness. im using the p30 ecu that came with engine and its not throwing any codes. i guess not all jdm motors have the emissions stuff on them.

Ok,here are the plugs you should have left

This is the plug into the EGR lift control next to your distibutor.

s3ec0007fef42d.jpg

Here is the one to the EGR control box on the firewall.

s3ec000a261a8f.jpg

Other than that the o2 is the only other one that should be left,and it is pictured above.

Here is one of the EVAP

s3ec002885fa2a.jpg

thank you so much guys... i took my car to my mechanic to get my shifter and my ehaust ajust....BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH 92b16vx....

OK THE ONE BY THE FIRE WALL I GOT THAT ONE CONNECTED....

THE ONE BY THE EGR LIFT CONTROL IS THE ONE I HAVE UNPLUG..

NOW THE ONE FOR THE EVAP I DONT EVEN HAVE THAT SENSOR AND MAYBE THAT IS WHY I AM LOST...

AND THE OTHER ONE LEFT IS THE ONE THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE TPS PLUG.

WELL THANK YOU SO MUCH AS SOON AS I GET MY CAR BACK I WILL EMAIL YOU WITH WHAT I HAVE.. THANKS

ALSO HOW DID YOU DO WITH THE 02 SENSOR.. DID YOU JUST GET A 4 PLUG 02 SENSOR.. BECASUE I HAVE A 5 PLUG SENSOR....

HOW DID YOU INSERT THE PICTURES...WHAT ILL DO IS EMAIL YOU SOME PICTURES OF WHAT I GOT... THANKS A LOT... ILL EMAIL YOU ON FRIDAY.. I GET MY CAR BACK ON THURSDAY.. THANKS 92B16VX

when i did erics swap, i just stole the purge control solenoid (EVAP) from his old motor. . . it worked fine. . . we don't even know if his CEL light works . . hehe .. . j/k

Back