leftover d series from b- series swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikes89civicstd

hey, i was just wondering if anyone who has just done a b-series swap to their ef civic if they would like to donate their d-series motor, tranny, and ecu to a poor fellow with a 89 std civic. perferably the si or the dx motor, however, i wont ever turn down a motor. I am going to go to school for mech. enginnering and I want to try and learn on some cheap d-series. I live in the Pittsburgh area of PA but i will also pay for shipping as long its relatively cheap.

thanks alot guys

shipping one anywhere is gonna be stupid expensive. my advice is to do what i did. Get a buddy with a hatchback, find a motor on hondatech and drive to get it. It fits in the back of a hatchback like a fucking glove :)

Quoted post[/post]]
shipping on anymore is gonna be stupid expensive. my advice is to do what i did. Get a buddy with a hatchback, find a motor on hondatech and drive to get it. It fits in the back of a hatchback like a fucking glove :)
:laugh:
So has anyone mounted a motor in their hatch. I'm sure its been don, but I'd like to see it

Anyway I may have block that might head your way because I'm heading around that area

awesome :) yeah and you better be heloing me thursday with that motor... bish!

I carried a DOHC ZC in the back of my CRX, and yes it does fit like it was meant to go in there. :wink: Just start hunting junkyards in your area and maybe throw an ad up in your local school paper. You'd be surprised at what kind of junk people have laying around in their yards.

Quoted post[/post]]
Just start hunting junkyards in your area and maybe throw an ad up in your local school paper. You'd be surprised at what kind of junk people have laying around in their yards.

Thats what I'd recommend.
You could probably get everything you need from a Junkyard...

yeah i got a hatch and would drive quite a while to pick one up. id only pay shipping if it was a sweet deal. how much do junkyards charge? besides, i doubt id have anyone realistic idea of the shape the engine would be in.

If you want something to work with, I can Supply all of your D needs in one way or another. Lemme know what you want, what you want to pay and I can get it.

Do you want to re-ring pistons? Do you want to plastigage bearings ? Or do you want to bolt a head onto a decent block and go ?

I have a 4 speed I won't be using anymore.

how much would a si head, intake manifold/throttle body, ecu, and tranny run me? also a center console that encloses the shift boot and such?

how much would a si head, intake manifold/throttle body, ecu, and tranny run me? also a center console that encloses the shift boot and such?

yea i hauled a b20b in my 91 hatch for about 100 miles no prob. other than it didnt wanna stop lol

Quoted post[/post]]

What is this "center console" you speak of ? You mean other civics don't have a stick poking out of the tunnel with a big ball on the top of it ?

I have 2 or 3 DX heads, a DPFI Mani and TB, and an Si mani and TB. If you wait for my engine build to be done, I'll surely cycle my entire SI motor down to you when I get my new stuff in.

By the way, what trans do you currently have ?

The center console I speak of I have seen in some Si hatches. It enhouses the e-brake handle, an armrest at time, and the shift boot and mounts flush with the front climate control and radio console. Perhaps this wasn't an stock option and the person I saw with in got it from an integra or something of the sorts.

I don't have much of a budget, how much would you let the SI motor go for to a brother?

Also, what kind of condition is it in?

I live in the western PA area too...

If you live fairly close, I'd love to take the dx head, with the si manifold and throttle body for the time being instead of rebuilding a stock STD head off of another civic im getting in the next couple weeks. Let me know .

Thanks

Quoted post[/post]]

I don't have much of a budget, how much would you let the SI motor go for to a brother?

Also, what kind of condition is it in?

I live in the western PA area too...

If you live fairly close, I'd love to take the dx head, with the si manifold and throttle body for the time being instead of rebuilding a stock STD head off of another civic im getting in the next couple weeks. Let me know .

Thanks
When I'm done with my motor I'll let it go for $170, what I paid. I'm very good with my motors. But that won't be for awhile.

I'll take pics of my SI intake, TB and one of the DX heads, not a problem.

Back