Legal / Ethical Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Assume for a minute that human cloning was perfected but you decided that having a clone of yourself wasn't such a good idea after all. If you pushed your own clone off the top of a tall building, cussing and screaming, would it be:

A ) Murder
B ) Suicide
C ) Making an obscene clone fall

I wonder how many people will get this I know it went over my head

Sorry if I posted something worth while people would start to worry about me since well I never do= )

I guess that makes another person who missed the joke =)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 6 2003, 11:16 PM
I guess that makes another person who missed the joke =)

took me a couple times. good one y0 :lol:

it depends.. if the clone is like in suspended animation and only used as body parts for you, i say C..but cant be B because twins are natural clones.. exact dna, everything.. and it can be A if the clone had a some form of reasoning and knowing what thehell is going on.. but even though cloning urself, you cant live forever because what makes a person is experience through life.. say you cloned urself twice.. and you placed them in different countries.. you all may look the same, but youre totally different.. oh well.. oh yeah, and ITS A POSSIBILITY that theres already an exact clone of you thats walking around, or will be walking around, or was walking around because DNA combos arent inifinite, so it would have to eventually repeat itself.. = )

haha thats pretty good i had to read it thoruoghly tho. Endless people are a product of thier enviroment and i think thats kinda what your tryin to say but this is justa joke mang ^_^

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Oct 6 2003, 10:52 PM
you cant live forever because what makes a person is experience through life

Well what if you cloned yourself when you're 85 years old, waited a few years for the clone to grow up a little, then transferred your consiousness into the clone? Bam, instant kid again, same person genetically and mentally, start life again but with 85 years experience.

What's the difference between a pickpocket, and a peeping tom?

one snatch's watch's, and the other....

tig ol' bitties.

:bo: :bo: :lol:

that's some funny shit.

I'll answer C.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Oct 7 2003, 12:52 AM
it depends.. if the clone is like in suspended animation and only used as body parts for you, i say C..but cant be B because twins are natural clones.. exact dna, everything.. and it can be A if the clone had a some form of reasoning and knowing what thehell is going on.. but even though cloning urself, you cant live forever because what makes a person is experience through life.. say you cloned urself twice.. and you placed them in different countries.. you all may look the same, but youre totally different.. oh well.. oh yeah, and ITS A POSSIBILITY that theres already an exact clone of you thats walking around, or will be walking around, or was walking around because DNA combos arent inifinite, so it would have to eventually repeat itself.. = )

yes but you have to think of how many combinations there are. literally trillions and trillions, mostlikely more. so do you think humans will last trillions and trillions of generations? i dont. we will probably be wiped out by meteors or something else. or we will have evolved into something completely different then humans. hence the dna will be different. im just saying that there wont be enough time for the cycle to repeat itself. i will just take too long. true its possible, but in the timeframe of humans existance, the odds are 1:32498735928375289359823748293749832792833247239857298375928375928375982375987235987235987235

and after figiting with my calculator the number of posibilities is even larger than the trillions. think about it, theres billions of base pairs per dna strand. 4 possible base pairs for each spot. so thats like 4^some odd billion. i tried to put 4^1000000000 in my calculator and it gave me ∞ :lol: so while its possible, its almost impossible

shit, 4^100 = 1606938044258990275541962092341162602522202993782792835301367 roughly 1.6069... x 10^60, so you can just imagine what 4^1000000000 would be

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 7 2003, 12:46 PM
What's the difference between a pickpocket, and a peeping tom?

one snatch's watch's, and the other....

tig ol' bitties.

One snatches watches and the other watches snatch!!!! Hahahahaha good one man....... I'd like to clone the Olsen twins and the Hilton Sisters.

dammit...i shoulda masturbated instead of taking 2 minutes to read this thred...

that way i'd at least have something to show for it.

yeah thats why i said possibility.. its just stastical data... haha.. and about the transfering conscienous, we're not there yet.. maybe some day.. but not now.. oh yeah btw, did anyone kno that they had 3D halograpic images now?? i didnt, i saw it on techtv.. thats fucking crazy.. soon you dont even need to rent hookers or buy blow up dolls anymore.... =)

Back