Legal guru's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
just wondering if anyone knows about the legal system...

NY especially...

regarding copies, and price per page...

circumstances: my firm(accounting) was supbeona'ed to provide copies of tax returns for a divorce court proceeding...

just wondering how much we can charge per page...
i have found everything from .10 to 4.00 per page...

and can we charge a search fee?

who are you trying to charge, the lady? why not just call up a local lawyer or atleast have someone in teh firm ask someone (somebody there HAS to know someone in the law field)

we are trying to charge the law firm that supbeona'ed them...

the deal is my boss's good friend is a woman, and owns a restaurant... she got married to this dick hole that just wanted her money, a little over 2 years into the marriage he divorces her...

now he's trying to get even more money, so he claims he built up her business while they were married so he deserves money from said business, which is completely false...

so his lawyer supbeona'ed the tax returns for our client and her restaurant so this dick fucker can try and make his claim against her business...

so its right in the middle of tax season, i'm working 12 hours a day, and i gotta take time from my work to go into our storage area to try and dig out boxes of documents from the mid 90's...

so we charged them 2 dollars a page for a total of 10 tax returns :)

and my boss has a lawyer, but he wasn;t around friday night when i made this post... and the documents need to be delivered by monday morning so i figured it wouldn;t hurt to ask on here...

oh, and they complained about the bill too... fuckers

Back