legalize a skyline cheaper than motorex?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by cointelpro@Nov 28 2003, 01:34 AM
and all thats needed because if not some fag would get hit and sue nissan for making a shitty car. god i hate americans.

I hate you too.

you'd also have to make all glass/plastic DOT legal, along with conforming to vehicle height, tint, headlights, correct number of brake lights (at least three), seat belts, properly working equipment, all necessary safety equipment...

:( ok ill rephrase. i hate stupid greedy americans who sue everything whenever they break so much as a nail, even if they did it themselves with clippers.

i like air's idea to assemble it yourself.

theres TONS of difference in our laws. Japan makes a car to get around with.

we here in america have stupid women dirivng SUV's while doing make up and on the phone, so we make our cars safer instead of taking the dumb cunts off the road.

all glass, all lights, all mirrors, crumple zones, hood skeleton, tires, airbags on 93+ vehicles, seat belts for each seat- dot strapping, cats, emissions, evap systems, egr systems, and im sure there's more

wow i didnt know there was so much to mod. maybe if i win the lotto ill blow all my money on getting a skyline and then i might be half way cool.

I hate threads like these, they amek me remember how desperatly I want a skyline

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 26 2003, 10:47 PM-->
Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 26 2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 26 2003, 07:51 PM
JDMilan
@Nov 26 2003, 07:33 PM
yes it can be done for cheaper than motorex

no, it can't.

MotoRex has a monopoly given to them by the US government. the only way for it to be legal in the US, is if motorex legalizes it. end of story.

ahh but isnt having a monopoly against the law??

They covered that. Unless you wanna work for the DOT and help to legalize Skylines, they have a monopoly.

:werd:

we just did this in my Microeconomics class

Most monoplies are illegal, unless they are governmernt sanctioned(sp.)

i.e. microsoft (yes i know its not govt. sanctioned) but there are no close substitutes, yes Mac and Linux but its not like microsoft is charging $1000 for XP

usually the only illegal monoplies were companies such as Standard oil back in the day, and that was because they bought out all their competitors. A company like MotoRex doesnt really harm anything nationally by having a monoply on importing cars. yes it harms the pocketbook of the customer, but no offense, Skylines are not a necessity that every american must have (such as gas)

true. i think the government needs to somehow regulate the oil industry. like require them to prove why they need to raise prices BEFORE they do it. i read in the paper that they are making huge record profits and have no good reason why the price has escalated so much in the last year.

they did. think of how bad gas prices would be if there was only 1 company selling gas???

they could charge what ever they wanted

When I talked to the DOT and the EPA, they wouldn't let you do your own conversion, they had to do it. I don't see them changing policies. And I don't think that guy fully realizes the process or cost, it isn't cheap.

I drove around a licensed and registered Toyota Starlet GT Turbo for a little while... It came over from the Dominican republic with 0 problems having it registered...

They guy who imported it said he could get Skylines, Supra's, FTO's, and Sylvia's over without a glitch, RHD and all, because they have VALID US VIN number orientations.

It was pretty damn cool driving on the right.. it jsut felt different and made driving just that much more fun... even in a 15 second econobox turbo car. ;)

1.3L DOHC Turbo 165 HP, 1800 pounds... A whale of a fun little car to drive.

Looked just like this only white. Had stock HID fogs with yellow city lights and standard driving beams... VERY nifty look to it.

starlet_photo4.jpg

starlet_photo6.jpg

dayum. thats awesome! tite car too! 165hp in that little thing?! you were probably running 13's yes? nice! :D

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 28 2003, 05:26 AM
1.3L DOHC Turbo 165 HP, 1800 pounds... A whale of a fun little car to drive.
starlet_photo4.jpg

starlet_photo6.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: I want one of those. triple the hp of my Geo, at the same weight...That thing has gotta be pretty quick... high 13s or low 14s? I likey :p

Stock, they run low 15's. This one had a boost controller, intake piping, and a 5Zigen Fireball exhaust... Probably ran mid 14's.

UBER fun, though. It'd burn tire all the way through second. ;)

Back