Lego Sears Tower??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

02-09-09:

Up to the 30th floor
100_0163.jpg

40th Floor:
100_0165.jpg

47th Floor:
100_0167.jpg

I'm done with it for tonight, my back hurts and I'm starving. I brought it home and stuck it right in front of my TV. Makes for an interesting Obama speech tonight.

"We uh need to stimulate our econo..."

*I accidently drop a window piece inside the tower*

"DAMNIT!"

Edit: Almost forgot.

47 stories is 23.5 inches
100_0169.jpg

Last edited:
when you are done all you need to do is park some micro machines around it, but i feel even those may be too big for scale.

50 stories and the first tube setbacks & roofs are complete! I think I have the 51st floor complete to the windows, but ran out of plates. I had to raid through more of my moms legos and found enough to get it up this tall. If I recall correctly, it's 35.5" tall now.

I even have these setbacks on the correct corners on the first try.

100_0175.jpg

I have 50 1x6 plates ordered for cheap as shit, and then I'll be on a hiatus from spending money on this thing until after March.

Last edited:
ahh hell if i were you i'd be pissed just cuz mine isnt the same color as the real thing anymore... but that silver shit would drive me nuts... its just fucking ugly as all hell

Well if they end up doing it, i can understand why they're considering it. Energy consumption on 4.5 million square feet of space is enormous... but still, to take an icon thats stood for 35 years and completely change it? There has to be subtle ways to achieve their goal. It won't look good if they have to sandblast the entire thing to keep it from glaring.

My lego tower will be a tribute to the original icon then.

he got drunk and kicked the tower to pieces
he is currently sourcing some chrome legos and drowning away his sorrows in a bottle of something

He's probably working on renaming it. :ph34r: (Not if us Chicagoans can help it though!)

The silver thing is actually less insulting, to me at least (still insulting, but less so).

EDIT: Ninja'd by E!

Last edited:
I bought 100 1x6 pieces for 4 bucks the other night. Other than that I haven't had the money for anything else on it.

Its still chillen out in my living room at 54.25 (55 to make it simple) stories complete.

Oh and as for E's comment, I enjoy bottles of White Zin. :thumbsup:

I do have a silver brick which will be the last piece installed at the top. Kind of like the last white beam in the real tower at it's topping off ceremony. :)

I have it up to the 62nd story and ran out of 1x1 bricks. So yeah, if you noticed the percentage complete went up. Haven't bothered to get my camera out for 7 stories, but I'll try to accomplish this task tonight. :thumbsup:

DAmn! Impressive man. I hope you've been blogging this.

Or I guess this is your blog of it. Hopefully I can get you that money soon so you can finish this beast.

This has been my blog of sorts, yeah. I'll compile all the pictures from start to completion with dates, story numbers and the entire cost when it's finished. I still cant decide if I want to try to accomplish the entire block with the plaza, entrances, etc... because I can't find detailed full views of the plaza without actually visiting Chicago.

Back