1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Length of Transmission Dowel Pins

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Citizen_Insane, May 10, 2007.

1. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I'm pulling the tranny off my b16, with the engine still in the CRX and I noticed that I might not have the clearance to get it out :mad:. It looks like the differential housing will hit the LCA mounting point on the rear cross member. Because of the pulleys on the other side of the engine, I can't lower the tranny side down at all. It looks like I have about 1" of clearance if I take off the filler bolt.

Does anyone know how long the dowel pins that align the transmission to the engine are? They're the determining factor on whether or not I have to pull the whole goddamn engine.

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

a little less than an inch. I'd say maybe.75"..but you'd actually be dealing with half because half is usually stuck in the block or transmission.

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Really, that short? Ok, looks like tomorrow I'll have a go at it and see if I can get the dam thing off.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted