Let me know what you think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My opinon, since I'm not reading all this.

4 cylinders should stick with turbos. I loved my turbo hatches, till I blew em up or crashed it. Even stock 4cyl-T cars are usually fun.

Now if I had the chance I would SC the Audi and have 300 AWHP, but that's not an option with the 96.

Even though SC's take power to turn, they make up for it by adding more. I don't understand why everyone bitches about that. Ok, you lose some, you make more. Not exactly as efficient but would do the job.

D series + SC = Bad idea

FWD + 400 step of the throttle hp = Bad idea for traction

Why is everyone bitching about B-Series parts being so fucking expensive??? I see an SiR or an LS being sold on this site and others for like $700 almost weekly.....whats the big fucking deal ???!!

The only reason people build D-Series engines for competition is so they can have bragging rights when they eventually beat out a slower B-Series, with less mods. "I'm SoHc!!!111010101" :whocares:

As B said, find the class you want to race in and approach it intelligently. If the class you want to run in is going to include you racing against boosted GSR's and SiR's, then you're going to be at a huge disadvantage with a boosted d-series.

Even if you could be pushing 350WHP on that engine, the chances of you running into a boosted B-series with similar numbers is pretty good. And keep in mind that the good Honda trannies with the really short gears, belong to the B-Series as well. Not the D.

IMO, if you want to build a sweet street car, or something you would go hustle test-and-tune nights at the drag strip with, turbo your D-Series. You probably won't be dissapointed...and please post pics of your build cuz I'm sure all of us would want to see/help. But if you want to build a competitive drag car, at the least, buy an LS. B-Series are simply faster, stronger engines. They are crazy popular for a reason. As someone else on this thread said: learn from others mistakes.

peace.

Its not a track car, it isn't street legal. He bought a red civic in perfectg condition other then a recent collision, so he took the good front end off the blue civic *drag car* and thre it on his red civic *turbo B series*. So we got a Fiberglass front end lined up, one piece.

I don't have to worry too much about traction with street tires because they will be pure racing slicks only, its a race only car, full drag slicks with a proper warmup hookup alot better with 400hp then 350hp on street tires, as everyone knows. How do you think they get 1500hp funny cars to hookup? Not by street tires.

By the looks of it we are going to be doin turbo now, as the supercharger kits don't seem to be to effective since we have been lookin them up.

pissedoffsol good point about the rulebook and class I want to run in, but for now it will be an event called Secret Street every Friday night here and weekend test&tune and Sunday night bracket racing, nothing full all out all around the country yet.

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow@Aug 18 2005, 02:10 PM
, but for now it will be an event called Secret Street every Friday night here and weekend test&tune and Sunday night bracket racing, nothing full all out all around the country yet.
[post=541925]Quoted post[/post]​

thats fine... but even local friday night event things have rules. like street class CANT run slicks...

i'm telling you- get a rule book

Originally posted by sireg@Aug 18 2005, 07:07 PM
either way you WILL make more power with a b-series over a d ALL DAY LONG
[post=542179]Quoted post[/post]​

speaking of SC and B series motor, a friend of mine has a sc b16. That thing is a beast @ 10 pound. SC arent popular for some reason but everyone that i know that has sc a b series motor has had no problem...except for traction but who doesnt have the problem

Actually pissedofsol, street cars are allowed to run slicks :)

Yes yes yes I will get a rulebook, I know guys who have been racing for 20 years who know the rules aswell and have the books lying around.

The secret street is just a get off the street event, if your 13.99 or slower you get a quick look over, if your quicker then that you get a more in depth look into but there is no RULES, only tech, fi you pass tech then go ahead, there is no you have to run this person against this person cause your in the same class, thats the beauty about SS here.

a street class on slicks, ehh?

well, i guess i'll trailor my 6 sec "street" honda running on methanol down there and steal all of your money....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 07:54 AM
a street class on slicks, ehh?

well, i guess i'll trailor my 6 sec "street" honda running on methanol down there and steal all of your money....
[post=543456]Quoted post[/post]​

There is no money, its to avoid street racing so you pay to race and you go have fun. There's 7 sec cars that run every so often there, no problems they either run alone or with another quick car, you choose who you line up against. But your allowed slicks, I know because we run them on a bunch of buddies cars, locally. I don't have to guess cause Im 5000 miles away.....

Bring your 6 sec "street" honda running methanol, have fun, but you wont win money unless you find someone to bet agianst, which isnt often.

not like i have one anyawy... drag racing is t3h lame :p

The only problem with a 7 second car is that it is not a 6 second car.

Nothing is ever fast enough, until your body hurts.

any car likes a supercharger, its just the fact that jackson racing superchargers have a smallish vein and they are unintercooled. the fact that they are limited in the rpm range of the engine is irrelevent. look at all the monster hp funny cars and shit, all s/c'ed. the vortec supercharger isnt a bad unit. way better than the jrsc but i dont think you couldget it to fit a d series. for the money and effort, turbo is the only way. there is a reason why every man and his dog thats serious about going fast runs a turbo. its simply the most effective way.

if someone would actually design a serious blower system for hondas, it would be refreshing

if ur serious about the charger. ive seen aftermarket liq/air coolers for jrsc's and id be running 10:1 compression forged shit with a monster cam and a kamikaze header.

Well looks like the turbo civic project will be put on hold. I may still egt the shell and slowly start work on the suspension/other misc thigns but won't be turbo'd for awhile. Picking up a BMW 525i hopefully on Monday which is putting a damper on any funds but hopefully this winter I cna pay everything off and get started next spring. Although I will still be doing many turbo things with hondas as I got 4 buddies who are in progess or completed.

Back