let's play 'What Is Civicious Up To?'

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im just glad..

you haven't gone completely to the dark side.

I got worried when your list of rides included a nice German ride (fully backed by the POS dealer network of VWOA)

Dump the 'nugen before it needs a $110 radiator hose.

The poor hatch is lonely,Ive got no work so it sits in the Garage pouting.

Oh to the question...I haven't read the other answers yet but I'm guessing you are preparing for some major boost.

Ok now I read the rest...Wanna swap a for a beat-to-hell GSR Swapped EG? I mean isn't this the longest you have owned a particular Honda, you gotta be getting itchy to trade/wreck/start a new one?

Last edited:
good luck on the build civicious....and clean your garage man, damn! or just build a bigger garage....My closet looks like your garage, but I'm not going to die walking through my closet...just opening it.
ps. i wondered where the heck you've been....

Still haven't got it in the car. I changed my plans a little bit as far as the manifold/turbo...I'll be running a really big turbo with a Full-Race style equal length manifold...the block should be together by this weekend, and I'll hopefully have the head back before next weekend. After that I just have to fab my downpipe and exhaust and get it tuned.

nice...

is that an obx manifold?

Yup, sure is. With some minor portmatching and some welding, it'll be good to go. It's actually got some braces on the underside of it that should keep it from cracking, but being that my turbo is as heavy as it is I'm probably going to fabricate some brackets that'll bolt to the spot on the block where the power steering pump or a/c compressor used to go.

OBX manifold, Ebay turbo, Ebay BOV...

w00t!

UPDATE!!

My original plan was to use Vitara pistons, however I'm going to run a lot more boost than I'd be comfortable with, so I'm switching to SRP 10.5:1 .10 over pistons. Also, instead of running pump gas and methanol, I think I'm just going to run race gas.

how much is a lot more?

Updates!

Got the manifold in today! I've still got to clock the compressor housing a bit more, but I'm probably going to wait until it's in the car so I can figure out exactly where I'm going to run the piping.

w00t!

Last edited:
IMG_1753.jpg

Dude, why is the collector flange at an angle like that? You could bake a loaf of bread between the turbo and your block.
In a CRX, I would anticipate major fitment issues. It might be worth your time to hack off that collector flange and make it straighter so you can tuck the snail closer to the block.
Maybe I'm wrong, the Chinese know what they're doing :wacko:

The angle its at is for a few reasons. It's for a smaller-frame turbocharger, intended to have the compressor on the opposite side, and it's also designed to clear the A/C compressor. The turbo that I'm using won't clear the block if it's flip-flopped, and it's not a matter of removing some of the webbing. It actually hits the bellhousing, and if I removed a chunk of the block for it to clear it would most certainly hit the flywheel. I thought about cutting the flange and re-welding it (like I did for the wastegate), but believe it or not the inside of the collector is ported and smooth...I mean this thing has NO jagged/abrupt edges, nothing that's going to disrupt the flow...and if I was to cut it and re-weld it I'd have to do a good bit of smoothing to get it as clean as it is now...and to be honest, I'm too damn lazy for that. I've got plenty of match-porting and smoothing (not to mention grinding ugly-ass welds) as it is. I'm using an EG radiator, and the angle that the manifold puts the turbo looks like I'll be able to run a 3" (or maybe even a 4") downpipe without coming anywhere close to the radiator. If I run into clearance issues with something in the front subframe, I'll just hack it out :)

Last edited:
Back