Lets See how many Military we have here in HS!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heh, i'm just saying, i know plenty of former soldiers who are complete dipshits, and i'm sure theres a good percentage of folks in the slammer who at least went to basic.

lol true some of the soldiers get into trouble during and after their tour of duty being at war is not easy to deal with ww1,ww2, korea, vietnam and both desert wars are not easy for a soldier to deal with,Where i work at i deal EVERYDAY with vets from ww1 to present some come walking some in wheels chairs missing body parts and some who suffer from PTSD, Pain is the one of the main problems and i try my best to help them... i was in 2 wars desert storm and Iraq freedom so i can relate some and some do listen, i myself i suffer from heart problems due to Antrax, high blood pressure, and many other things the worst are the nightmares they are constant and sometimes is dificult to deal with specially when the nightmares are of your friend who dies in your arms and there is nothing you can do to help. i saw enough to last me a lifetime, to all the soldiers out there my prayers are with you all once again thank you for your service......

there's still people around from WW1? damn... they gotta be 100. 1914-1916 right? - 18 = 1899 ish they were born??? impossible. sure, there may be a few left, but not enough for you to see on a semi-regular basis.

my grandfather was in ww2, and signed in when he was 17 a couple months before pearl harbor and served on the uss hancock. hes 82 now. wwII is nealry 25 years after wwI... hell, most of the korean war vets are over 60 now... i don't buy it...

but anyway, yes, the shit you see will stay with you forever. my great uncle was like that.
he was a strapping young lad... had a new wife. went out to wwII, and got shrapnel hit in one of his legs from a reckoshea. they "repaired" him, but he limped for the rest of his life... his wife left him shortly after he got back...
he chewed cigars. never lit them... just chewed on em till they were stubbs.
he mumbled to himself constantly, and having a conversation with him was impossible.
I only knew him from his 60's till his death about 5 years ago... and he was 83 i think when he passsed.
60 years after the fact, he was still "retarded" from what he went through.

Actually we have 1 ww1 ptatient who is 102 and he is awsome great guy great attitude, we have about 20 ww2 and too many vietnam and desert patients!!!!!!! thats why i love my Job!!!!!!

I was going to go Marine reserves with my friend from hs and decided against it. Now he is going to Iraq in a few months.

I didn't do my Selective Service papers, and I went and talked to a recruiter. He said he really didn't think I had what it took to get past Basic, but I did belong in the military.

Then he proceeded to tell me how his HMV ran on 24 volts, unlike "your car which runs on 12"

And I knew at the moment I was standing in the wrong place.

Well actually it does run on 24 volts big deal .....lmao i bet the recruiter felt important telling you this....lol !!! as far as him telling you that you doent have what it takes maybe he doesnt have what it takes because ANYONE can be a soldier of course except for medical conditions, but at least you wanted to go.. anyone who wants a VA benefits book let me know.

No, it doesn't. That's my point. In the military they teach you things, and if they teach it wrong - you're wrong. It's 12 volts NATO but 2 12 volt batteries to provide the amperage.

And there was an argument about this, which is why bootcamp isn't good for me. My ex roommate has a dishonorable discharge for fighting with his instructors - he was way more intelligent than the instructor, I doubt he was wrong.

Im an Air Force brat....does that count? Dad retired when he was stationed at lackland in 93....thats all i got.

lol yeah thats cool......lol well anyone who can use a little extra cash and its willing to doit and was HONORABLY or Medically discharge i can help you!!!!! just let me know.

Hey guys if you dont have VA benefits and want to get some you can call 1800-827-1000 and tell them you want to file for your disability, and benefits. fill out the paperwork and send it in then you'll get an appt for a physical exam and then youll get a rating and depending on the rating is the amount of money youll get each month. trust me its worth it its time for the goverment to take care of us instead of another country.... ANYONE qualifys as long as you have either a medical or Honorable discharge. any questions please fell free to contact me.

Back