Lets talk about k24 oil squirters :D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shesfromthefire

Hopefully this is the right section for this discussion.

So I am planning on picking up a k24a4 this weekend. The end goal with my ej1 build is to supercharge a k24. I went with the k24a4 versus the a2 because the lower compression on the a4, and cost.

My understanding is the k24a2/a4 biggest difference is higher compression pistons and oil squirters in the a2, feel free to inform me further. So my question is, how does one deal with oil cooling efficiently in the a4, I figured oil squirters could be machined in but I also assumed an external oil cooler would be a necessity due to the lack of squirters in the A4.

Please be kind, I'm still just scratching the surface on k-swaps and forced induction, but I am trying to get my plans more in order before I drop half a paycheck on a motor.

Thanks!!
Linzi

I know that when a forged piston is put in a k-block....the squirters are usually removed (not needed). But that's on a built motor; not OEM pistons.

I pulled the squirters from my GSR block because the piston skirts were knocking them off- they're not always needed, but very helpful on OEM cast pistons.

Back