let's talk about wakeboarding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, i think everyone has tried that with there skate board

there are really no pros in MN, there are deffinately some good riders and some really nice boats but that is about it. One of the guys I know on my lake is a rep for some company and just bought a 2004 xstar ($68,000 boat... I just about shit myself)

anyway, glad to hear there is interest for the sport around here
and Dazed, anytime you want to send your buddy and his pro friends up my way just tell them to give me a holler first so I can find a couple beds for them

later

Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Aug 10 2003, 01:45 PM
My Friend is awesome at wakeboarding, he was supposed to be pro but he messed up his acl i think. but now that he is back he is doing good again. We leave right on the water and he is always out, he has a nice boat, and he always has pros at his house and their boats. I personally have never been wakeboarding i am just the entertainment i rather go surfing must the time. and yes florida is a great place for watersports.

Too bad the gulf sucks for surfing 90% of the time :(

that may be the case, but lakes in MN suck for surfing 100% of the time
unless we weigh down somebodies boat enough and drag along at about 8mph then we can make a big enough wave to surf on.... but that is still pretty lame

be glad you can surf 10% of the time

Sean

duck lake is where my manager used to live, ha i just remembered :D

yeah, it get's pretty green some days because of all the farm land around there

I just makes me try even harder not to fall when it's like that

i got a lake house on lake gaston on the border of NC and VA and its fucking great. I got a wakeboard, ski's, kneeboard, and a tube. Throw keggers parties every once in a while :)

Shit, I should host a party for HS members in the area, that would be some cool shit.

buy me a plain ticket and I'll be there. :p

I mainly wakeboard, about once or twice a week I do some barefooting, couple times a summer I throw on the old slalom ski, haven't knee boarded in years, and I down right detest tubing :fuckyou2:

nothing against any of you if you like tubing because so far none of you have said that you are from my hometown, but the damn tubers on the lakes I go on are dumbasses, screwing up the water for people who want to participate in water sports that require talent and they don't ever watch where they are going

sorry I had to rant

Originally posted by Afipunk21+Aug 11 2003, 09:33 AM-->
DazedCivic99
@Aug 10 2003, 01:45 PM
My Friend is awesome at wakeboarding, he was supposed to be pro but he messed up his acl i think. but now that he is back he is doing good again. We leave right on the water and he is always out, he has a nice boat, and he always has pros at his house and their boats. I personally have never been wakeboarding i am just the entertainment i rather go surfing must the time. and yes florida is a great place for watersports.

Too bad the gulf sucks for surfing 90% of the time :(

AMEN on that. I am leave tomorrow morning to go to melbourne for school and i am going to be loving the the east coast swells, drool....

right now I need a new set of bindings becaue mine are starting to rip, but then I think... man that $200 could pay for the springs I want

I think I'll have to wait till the bindings are unusable....

I was born and raised in south Fl and used to wakeboard all the time and then I joined the Coast Guard and they sent me to Alaska and now im in SE TX and nobody is into it like in Fl. So i havent got to wake board in a while but i love it and was pretty good at it but i dont know any body with a boat or any body that wakeboards where i live now :( And the coast guard gets mad if you try to wakeboard behind there boats but they throw a huge wake :)

that $150 is going straight to somebody for a CAI, when my roomates pay me back for all the bills I paid this year (they owe me $400) i'm using that money for shocks
that means I can do shocks,springs, and CAI for only $200 out of pocket

well it only feels like $200, but I'm not really getting anything for free
oh well, it feels like it and thats all that matters

legutki, I don't know where in TX you are but I was under the impression that there was a really good wakeboarding scene down there
get a cardboard sign that says you will give "insert whatever you are willing here" to go wakeboarding and head over to a boat landing
haha

i paid 400 for my springs and struts.

dammit!
we are getting off topic and it's all my fault <_<

at any rate, I think i'm finally going to ride again tonight because I was out of town for a week and when I got back the guy I ride with had bruised ribs from eating a switch 5
he thinks he is healed now though, i don't care as long as he can drive for me
:D

edit: jon, i could do a suspension setup for less but I want to get brand new stuff and I want adjustable shocks (tokico ills, eibach pro springs)

Originally posted by seanjuan@Aug 12 2003, 09:08 AM
buy me a plain ticket and I'll be there. :p

I mainly wakeboard, about once or twice a week I do some barefooting, couple times a summer I throw on the old slalom ski, haven't knee boarded in years, and I down right detest tubing :fuckyou2:

nothing against any of you if you like tubing because so far none of you have said that you are from my hometown, but the damn tubers on the lakes I go on are dumbasses, screwing up the water for people who want to participate in water sports that require talent and they don't ever watch where they are going

sorry I had to rant

:werd: I hear ya man, I hate them tubers, they always get in the fucking way.

I've never tried barefooting. I want to try it, but i dont really know how to start. How do you get out of the water?

I've never tried barefooting. I want to try it, but i dont really know how to start. How do you get out of the water?

I'll try to get a video clip of me barefooting up on my little website so you can see

I do deep water starts, I have a barefoot suit which has inch thick padding all over it and it keeps you floating when you are in the water. I lay on my back, feet toward the boat with my toes crosses over the rope. once the boat is moving fast enough you can sit up on you butt, and finally you just stick you feet in the water and you are up.

i can't tell you how many gallons of water I swallowed learning how to barefoot though, but it's fun as hell because you are going 40mph on your bare feet

peace

I used to be on a show ski team here in MN and I have seen some pretty fat people do things on water you never thought would be possible (including barefooting)

just think about hippos, wales, sea cows, etc
and remember high school, think of how many fat chicks there were on the swim team :eek: Did I just say that?

later

Back