Let's talk power tools--

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ended choosing Makita after a lot of research and recommendations..

so far bought this circular saw...

15-Amp 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw-5007F at The Home Depot

Next up..

Makita 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit

18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit-LCT200W at The Home Depot

Then i'll work on the electric Recip and Jig saw and the 1/4 inch Sander

The only cordless tools i want are the drills/drivers

Which remind me , i'm selling my 8 tool, 2 battery, bag and charger set for $185 if anyone is interested

http://hartford.craigslist.org/tls/2908397289.html

Last edited:
I'm not saying they are the best but I'll swear by Dewalt. I don't give a shit who owns them.

My Dewalt 12v Lithium Ion 3/8" Impact driver and Screw gun/drill sees HEAVY use at work and it has never let me down. It's been over a year already and they work/are as strong as the day I bought them. The batteries last just as long as well.

The BMW head tech and Porsche head tech also use the same Dewalt set up as me and they have no complaints either. Their's are even older than mine are.

My head tech uses a combo of a snap on impact driver and a bosch screw gun/drill. His impact driver is top notch but it was like $440 (my Dewalt driver cost a little less than half that) and his bosch screw gun is just now taking a shit but it's 6 years old.

The VW/Audi head tech uses nothing but Snap On. He loves them.

The rest of the techs in the shop use Milwaukee and the ones they have aren't as strong as the Dewalts and Snap-Ons in the shop but they have been very reliable for them.

No one in the shop uses Makita but my step dad has a cordless Makita drill that has seen weekend use for the past 10 years and still going strong.

ended choosing Makita after a lot of research and recommendations..

so far bought this circular saw...

15-Amp 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw-5007F at The Home Depot

Next up..

Makita 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit

18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit-LCT200W at The Home Depot

Then i'll work on the electric Recip and Jig saw and the 1/4 inch Sander

The only cordless tools i want are the drills/drivers

Which remind me , i'm selling my 8 tool, 2 battery, bag and charger set for $185 if anyone is interested

Ryobi One + 12 piece set

I have those exact drivers and the same saw but with a brake. Love them.

Most saws the blade is on the left. With a sidewinder - One he purchased - It's on the right.

The sidewinder I find is much more accurate for bevel cuts, etc.

Back