Lexus IS F--wow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saw it at the new car show last month... not digging it... im not really a fan of lexus/toyota anyway though :shrug2:
and i hate that exhaust

just think, right now 2 harleys are missing their exhaust thanks to this thing.

ok, maybe not the whole thing.
fenders, side skirt, and side of rear bumper very impreza sti.
front, hood, headlights, and c pillar very mazda 6.
mazda 6 - Google Image Search
sti
09 subaru wrx sti - Google Image Search

and i am one of those that usually prefer the old. some cool stuff thats newer, but many ugly ones and good turned bad. love the 80s.
imprezza got ugly. bmws got ugly (bangle). lovin' the new american muscle. civic got ugly. accord got ugly. new ~supra ugly. Z cars turned ugly w/ 350. 929 got ugly. 240sx got ugly. 2nd gen crx not as stylin/aggressive looking as 1st gen crx. mr2 got ugly. focus uglier. camaro uglier. lancer got ugly. eclipse turned ugly, 200sx turned ugly. even most lower-end 911's look worse. integra looks went down (headlights). golf and jetta turned ugly. corolla got ugly. crv got ugly. maxima got ugly.
just my opinion. no offense all.

I agree...I love the old boxy look, except on the datsun...it's the only car that really deserves curves.

ive seen a few around town and i think its pretty sexy, except the exhaust. i cant get over the stacked look.

altezza + 2jz-ge = awesomeness

One of my customers has one, white in color, nice looking car, again with the auto..... add AWD and a 6 speed option and it would be one hell of a car.

However, for the money, I'd go else where, hell, I'd much rather spend less money and get a 335, chip it and call it a day. or for around the same price M3 > IS-F

2jz.jpg

Don't get my wrong, it's a nice car. But as Jeffie said, spend less on a 335i, or a couple grand more on the '09 CTS-V :drool:

Nice car, moves okay, but honestly it can't compete with the German rivals with an auto and fake exhaust tips. I'd rock a 4-dr M3 for just a few grand more.On the up side, if this car depreciates at a good clip - you should be able to pick one up for cheap a few years down the road.

Still, a 6spd stick would make it way more fun. Hell, even a DSG would be nice.

Nice car, moves okay, but honestly it can't compete with the German rivals with an auto and fake exhaust tips. I'd rock a 4-dr M3 for just a few grand more.On the up side, if this car depreciates at a good clip - you should be able to pick one up for cheap a few years down the road.

I'm no fan of the exhaust tips, but I have no idea how fake exhaust tips could factor into being better/worse then a German car.

If I have a civic with a stock cat back exhaust, then run a T3/T4 turbo with 3" downpipe and open dump tubes to a cutout right before the cat so I can fully open the exhaust up making for a full 3" straight out exhaust. Does the stock exhaust that's still in place get factored into the performance?

Yes, cheesy but I have a feeling the stock tips melted the bumper cover. Once they added enough heat protection I bet it made the rear end look too busy.

yes being forced to use an auto sucks but at least it's a legit auto tranny and not another POS IS250/350 auto tranny. and yes the IS250/350 tranny can go suck my bawls, if it wasn't for that POS tranny I'd own one right now.

I do agree the german cars are still better, german = you drive the car and feel more of the feedback from the car. Lexus.... not so much, they're still trying to appeal to a larger range of driver then BMW/Audi.

Size of the tip is irrevlevant, but a major design feature of the rear of the car shouldn't be the (in my opinion) cheezy looking cluster of exhaust tips. Dual ovals would looks just as good. Sometimes it seems as if the ISF is trying to hard to be a V8 sports sedan.

Size of the tip is irrevlevant, but a major design feature of the rear of the car shouldn't be the (in my opinion) cheezy looking cluster of exhaust tips. Dual ovals would looks just as good. Sometimes it seems as if the ISF is trying to hard to be a V8 sports sedan.

What is the IS then?

...where exactly is a M3 a few grand more?

How much do you think a new M3 stickers for at this point?

Back