LF Someone who has done DPFI-MPFI for a question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiccrown

i have a quick question for someone who has done a succesful DPFI-MPFI swap. The little plug on the back of the new manifold with Black/yellow, and blue going into a sensor or something. What is that for and do i need to hook it up? if so where does it connect? also there is an exsisting plug from the DPFI manifold still left at the back is that no longer used? Please pm me if you could help i would appreciate it as i have looked all over the place at many write ups... Thanks

that is the Fast Idle Control Valve on the D16A6 - the FICV boosts the idle slightly when ambient air temperature is below -10*C (14*F) - on the DPFI engine harness, you have a plug that went to the Tandem Control Valve - it is a 2-wire connector with orange and black/yellow wires - plug that connector into the FICV - the black/yellow wire is power and the orange wire on the DPFI chassis harness goes to the same pin (B2) on the ECU that the blue wire goes to on the MPFI chassis harness

ECUpinouts_Page_2.jpg

Back