license suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey guys i got a court summons in the mail a few days ago which i had requested when i got a notice of suspension in the mail. so i waited like a month and a half and i thought they forgot or something, but i got it sure enough. they want to suspend my license because i was convicted of 2 moving violations while i was holding a provisional license (MD is gay), both for speeding, one was a 1 pointer and the other one was 2 points. i had my provisionals removed right after the second ticket. now i just want to get by with my license not being suspended. i have just finished driver improvement class and all that bs, and i do think i have matured as a driver since i started driving, i hardly ever speed more then 5 mph over the limit anymore. i even find myself getting passed for going UNDER the speed limit, which is sad, lol. i mean i have no problem with like another driver improvement class or even restricted privelage to drive (only to school and work type thing), or even gettin my provisionals put back on fr another 18 months, but i dont want the judge to think im trying to haggle with him or anything like that. what im asking is what would be my best approach at this so i could still retain my privelage to drive. i do really need to drive to work and school so i can make money and such. please, any help is much appreciated. thank you.

i had my share with the laws and while this is only a suggestion, you should ask the judge what you can do to prevent it from getting suspended and explain to him why you need your license et cetera et cetera....
ask him if you can have permission to speak and don't give him a chance to ask question.... speak fast so he'll have to listen harder and say it loud enough.... don't shout or anything just loud enough so the judge doesn't get frustrated

I believe if they do suspend your DL it will be for 30 days
atlest if I remember right thats what they did to my friend who had 2 tickets before she was 18

I've had one speeding ticket about 3 months after I got my license since then I have yet to have any tickets other then

front tag, tail lights, and dumb shit like that

I've had my DL going on 5 years now

damn Im getting old

p.s Im also in maryland

Jeff

yea it is a 30 day suspension, but i still need to be able to get to work, im jus trying to figure out my best approach. i mean i dont wanna jus go in there and beg, i just dont know what to say, because i requested this hearing to state why my license shouldnt be suspended. yea i knew you were in MD. rockville right? im in baltimore county. MD MVA blows

Im in AA county about 50 mins from rockville

only thing you can try doing is list your hours of work and maybe he will give you work release so to speak

meaning you can ONLY drive to and from work

but thats a maybe

the law is pretty clear about young drivers so he might just say the laws the law

Jeff

Two things.

1) The DMV and Judicial Bureau NEVER forget. Not even a $5 parking ticket.

2) Once they get it in their mind to suspend your license, it's pretty much going to happen. Just bend over and hold on and let them get it over with, and move on with your life.

that could work ill take my pay stub from my past few weeks of work, last 3 weeks have been 40+ hours. but about driving only to and from work, i dont have a set schedule, and i work during all hours of the day basically so i could be driving with no problem, i do the speed limit (or very close) now and i dont think ill be getting pulled over anytime soon anyway. also im confused about the whole driving to and from work thing. would that restriction only last the 30 days in place of my suspension or what?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 26 2003, 11:28 PM
Two things.

1) The DMV and Judicial Bureau NEVER forget. Not even a $5 parking ticket.

2) Once they get it in their mind to suspend your license, it's pretty much going to happen. Just bend over and hold on and let them get it over with, and move on with your life.

i know they dont forget, but my friend has 4 points and has had like 5 tickets and is still on his provisionals at age 20. he was gonna get his liscense suspended last year but he got off. he got his dad to say that he restricted him from driving only to school and work for like 2 months when he really hasnt, and the judge was jus like "it seems like youve got it under control" and let him off scott free. and its gonna make me mad if i get fucked royally when i only have 3 points and all...

you should walk for 30 days.

talk to trail park pimp. DO NOT drive on a suspensed license. 30 days tuns into 2 years and $1000 overnight.

IF they let you drive to work and back if you were to get pulled over you would have to have PROOF that you were either going or coming from work

if not well just look at what pissoffsol said

yea i know that, if it gets suspended, i dont know if ill drive or not, i know ill be paranoid as hell, lol. but i think i can get off for work and school. i asked my employer to write me a letter with their letterhead on it saying that they value me as a worker and how much i work and blah blah blah. and ill take some paystubs from which i worked like 40+ hours a week, and ill take my class schedule where im doing 17 credits first semester, which starts aug 18th. hopefully they will let me off completely, but if not then ill still get work n school privelage. and if i do get it, i really dont have to worry about getting pulled over, i HONESTLY dont drive like an ass anymore, like i said, if i speed its only by 5 mph at the MAX. thanks for eveyones help so far, still open for suggestions.

you better not drive if they suspend your license. you will end up in jail, pay hefty fines and just lose your license a hell of alot longer....TRUST ME!! i know from experience.i been to jail 3 times, lost my license for a year AND i goota pay $1060 in DMV fines before i get my license back. i am able to get my license back now after a year and now i am working on paying off my fines at the DMV.

my advise: either walk, catch a ride or get a bicycle because you DO NOT wanna end up like me.

ok i went to the hearing today and i got off with just a written reprimand (sp?). no restrictions, nothing, just if i get another ticket ill be back in there again, lol. thanks for the help everyone.

I'm a little late on this one but, if this ever happens again to anyone you should request a hearing and all you have to do is proove that you drive more than the average person and are therefore entiled to have more points on your record. Unfortunetly I didn't find this out until after my hearing and my liscense is suspended till Nov. :angry:

And TPP is right, getting caught with no liscense is shitty times a thousand. Impound yards are the worst places on earth. Trust me. Especialy if you have an import.

all i did was show the guy that i worked like 6-7 days a week (which i do) and that im going to school, and that ive already taken driver improvement class. i had all the documantation, he looked at it, asked me a few questions about driver imp. class (i assume to make sure i really did it) and he made his decision right there. im glad i requested a hearing and didnt just take it.

Back