Liddell vs. Ortiz Saturady NIGHT!!!

Who will win Liddell vs. Ortiz 2?

• Chuck "the Iceman" Liddell

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Tito "the Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Ortiz

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought it was cheap at first BUT, the ref did say fight and you must "protect yourself at all times". After thinking it over I decided it was a clean hit

Clean hit after he kicked the guy in the face twice which is completely against the rules...

Yeah, that ref was an absolute moron and should have stopped Arvloski after the first foot kick to the face. They were blatant.

Just like Liddell should have been stopped in the first round, and just like the guy that the kid from Florida beat the shit out of should have had the round stop in the first round when we has out completely and having his head bounced off the mat.

I normally like big john but I was not impressed by the referree presence the other night.

not if one or both fighters are on the ground

and I thought it was Arlofski getting kicked not kicking

so you can kick in the face as long as one is standing up
You cannot kick or knee the face and/or head of a downed opponent.

Silver, Arlovski was the one who kicked that guy in the face. if you watch the fight, Herb Dean was telling the other guy that he was telling Arlovski not to kick him in the face and all the guy said was "it's ok, let's keep fighting"... Herb Dean said "fight" and Arlovski punched his ass. I think it was a cheap shot but that other should have defended himself anyway. If anything, all Herb Dean did was stop the momentum of the other guy because the other guy was on his way to putting Arlovski in a heel hook.

Oh yeah, not only is Rampage coming but Cro Cop is coming also!!! the end of Liddell is nearly gone when it comes to Rampage and I don't think Tim Silvia can beat Mirco... 2007 is gonna be great for UFC. Isn't Liddell supposed to be fighting Wanderlie Silva also? The WHOLE Light Weight division is going to be tough for the next 5 years,.

Last edited:
so if im on my back then i can kick the guy in the face that is satnding up

not if one or both fighters are on the ground

and I thought it was Arlofski getting kicked not kicking

Nope.

Arvloski is on his back, the jiu jitsu guy has his head up looking to grab an ankle or watch for an opportunity to submit, arvloski sits up kicks him clearly in the face once, pauses, hesitates, and kicks him another time or two good. I'm not sure if it was two or three kicks, there were definately atleast two and then a pause and then the referree talks to Arvloski and tells him not to kick the face again. He goes to seperate them <which is probably exactly what Arvloski wanted and why he blatantly kicked him in the face> but the ju jitsu guy tells him that he's fine and its okay to restart from their current position.

Ref restarts the bout, pauses, and then clean clocks him. It was a good shot, but the events leading up to the shot were bullshit. Arvloski was in an ankle lock and may have been submitted if he stayed down there longer, there's no way to tell, but the other guy's ground game was far superior.

Like I said, it was bullshit.

For all the rules, just go to the UFC website. There's quite a few rules;

No eye gouging
Ho holding the fence
No holding the shorts/tights of the opponent
No small joint locks
No kicking to the face when an opponent is down
No hitting with the point of the elbow
etc., etc.

Pride has far less rules and thats why you see more insane things out of Pride, like the jumping and flying kicks when someone is down.

thats what i tought. im a liddell fan but in that case tito did not cheap shot him

You cannot kick or knee the face and/or head of a downed opponent.

Silver, Arlovski was the one who kicked that guy in the face. if you watch the fight, Herb Dean was telling the other guy that he was telling Arlovski not to kick him in the face and all the guy said was "it's ok, let's keep fighting"... Herb Dean said "fight" and Arlovski punched his ass. I think it was a cheap shot but that other should have defended himself anyway. If anything, all Herb Dean did was stop the momentum of the other guy because the other guy was on his way to putting Arlovski in a heel hook.

Oh yeah, not only is Rampage coming but Cro Cop is coming also!!! the end of Liddell is nearly gone when it comes to Rampage and I don't think Tim Silvia can beat Mirco... 2007 is gonna be great for UFC. Isn't Liddell supposed to be fighting Wanderlie Silva also? The WHOLE Light Weight division is going to be tough for the next 5 years,.

After Liddell's performance the other night...I don't think ANYONE that I know of can take him out at this current time. I thought he was getting old and washed up and would be out of his prime after not having a serious fight in quite awhile. I was one of his skeptics that thought Tito was going to pound him and put him out. Liddell made easy work of Tito.

Griffin, after seeing him get knocked out, definately can't hold a candle to Liddell nor do I think he can beat Tito. The guy who punched Griffin out was lucky and won't be a real contender with Liddell.

thats what i tought. im a liddell fan but in that case tito did not cheap shot him

...it wasn't the Liddell fight we were talking about. Its the Arvloski fight - the heavyweight bout.

It wasn't a cheap shot, he even paused a second before punching the guy after the match was restarted but he already gave TWO ILLEGAL AND DEVISTATING BLOWS which may be the reason why that shot knocked him out. We'll never know, because its just speculation but I think the two kicks had the guy rocked and then the punch was what sent him out.

Thats the problem with "cheating" or "breaking the rules", you never know what could have been.

After Liddell's performance the other night...I don't think ANYONE that I know of can take him out at this current time. I thought he was getting old and washed up and would be out of his prime after not having a serious fight in quite awhile. I was one of his skeptics that thought Tito was going to pound him and put him out. Liddell made easy work of Tito.

Griffin, after seeing him get knocked out, definately can't hold a candle to Liddell nor do I think he can beat Tito. The guy who punched Griffin out was lucky and won't be a real contender with Liddell.
I hate Chuck Liddell but I can also admit he is very good. I just hate the fact that he swings like a wild child... anyway, I think Rampage has Chuck's #. Rampage completely dominated Chuck when they fought and I know Chuck has gotten a lot better but i'm sure Quitton has gotten a lot better as well. Quitton kept attacking Chuck and never let him get into a swinging rythme. IDK, we'll see what happens...

Chuck will knock him out that's what will happen

I think that "Dean of Mean" guy that killed Forrest Griffen should get a shot at Liddell. He fucking owned Forrest

Chuck will knock him out that's what will happen

I think that "Dean of Mean" guy that killed Forrest Griffen should get a shot at Liddell. He fucking owned Forrest

Were you even watching?

Forrest was clearing winning the round and then the guy got lucky and caught him with one shot.

The number of punches landed on him were ridiculous, he just got a break and had an opening with one clean shot that put Griffin out. There isn't a person in the world who can claim that Dean of Mean is a better fighter than Forrest. 9 out of 10 fights Griffin would clearly dominate and time will prove this if they have a rematch.

Liddel > Tito > Griffin. Thats who runs the division, atleast out of the UFC fighters.

My opinion, Liddell won all three. The chart that shows Ortiz winning round 2 was based on that announcer's opinion and and he clearly stated he only gave Ortiz that round because he got back up and recovered.

Were you even watching?

Forrest was clearing winning the round and then the guy got lucky and caught him with one shot.

The number of punches landed on him were ridiculous, he just got a break and had an opening with one clean shot that put Griffin out. There isn't a person in the world who can claim that Dean of Mean is a better fighter than Forrest. 9 out of 10 fights Griffin would clearly dominate and time will prove this if they have a rematch.

Liddel > Tito > Griffin. Thats who runs the division, atleast out of the UFC fighters.

well the reality is after Saturday it's Liddell>Tito>Dean>Griffen, I wanna see arlofski drop into the light heavyweight division

Wait till Rashad Evans gets some more experience under his belt. Even Chuck thinks he will be the next big thing in their division.

The fight I really want to watch right now is GSP vs. Diego Sanchez and I want to see GSP whoop his ass.

well the reality is after Saturday it's Liddell>Tito>Dean>Griffen, I wanna see arlofski drop into the light heavyweight division
Arlovski is a very lean 240, so it wouldn't be very likely for him to drop 35lbs and go down a division...if he wasn't very fit, and could drop that kind of weight w/out losing much muscle, then it'd be probable.

Back