Life is hard for me right now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:thumbsup: that kicks ass on a few levels
1 - your boss is understanding and supportive of your situation
2 - the buddy system greatly increases your chances of success

Right on man. It sounds like you are taking the steps you need to get through this.

after work i went to the community college and picked up an application for re enrollment since they wont talk to me with out one.

when i got home my friend came by with a 6 pack. he drank them all while i changed from my 18s to my bfg 14s and we bullshitted for a while and he went home.

i ate some chicken and fried ripe plantains and took a shower. while i was watching the cavs celtics game i got the urge to smoke a bowl. at that same time my son woke up so i fed him and continued watching the game. the urge is gone and i feel good about all this so far.

good night.

I read through the whole thread, I wish you the best of luck :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're off to a great start, but be careful when you get to a place where you feel you've been doing a good job, it's easier to justify letting yourself slide a little. Stay strong brother.

flush your weed and thow out your bowl/papers. done.

fuck the tempation.

B, i cant throw it away. if i do the urge and craving will be worse. if its there i can just put it in the back of my head because its there and its just a little bud.

i have been doing a little career research and i cant find the appropriate college or major. i have been doing customer service since 03 and i love it; i just dont know what courses will help me in this area.

my mind is so cluttered with thoughts that i have not thought about before. like the future of my son and the well being of my family, the thought of failing them just kills me. i consider the position i have now at this job as getting lucky. i know this wont last forever and i'm not prepared for anything else.

geez i sound like a bitch!

like the future of my son and the well being of my family, the thought of failing them just kills me. i consider the position i have now at this job as getting lucky. i know this wont last forever and i'm not prepared for anything else.

geez i sound like a bitch!
So long as you are a dedicated and devoted father and husband, you could never fail them. Don't let trying to not fail them get in the way. Give them what you have to give, forget the material, it dosen't mean shit. Time love and energy are what counts. Don't forget kids are easy to please as long as you're paying attention to them. Spending an afternoon playing hotwheels with my son or looking up at clouds and pretending that they look like things, money can't pay for those things.

i have been doing a little career research and i cant find the appropriate college or major. i have been doing customer service since 03 and i love it; i just dont know what courses will help me in this area.

What college, if any, have you completed thus far?

At the community college level your best bet is to just take business classes, maybe mix in some communications type stuff. If you decide to go beyond the associate level, some colleges actually do offer business degree programs with a specialty in retail or customer service. Just a straight business management degree wouldn't hurt either.

I'd probably just explain all this to the advisor when you go see them, and then see what they recommend...

i have around 24 credit hours, but i left on academic probation. so if i do go back i wont get any financial aid or anything. since things are a little tight right now i cant afford to go.

Ah, gotcha. Well, you might want to look into just one or two classes per semester (and maybe one during the summer too) if you can swing it. Even just getting an associate's in business or communication will help a bit with your job security and make you more marketable to future employers.

Remember, a big part of the employability factor of possessing a degree is simply the fact that you started something and finished it.

Either way, good luck to you!

i was watching the cavs celtics game i got the urge to smoke a bowl. at that same time my son woke up so i fed him and continued watching the game. the urge is gone and i feel good about all this so far.

:thumbsup: positive habit replacement.

Sounds like a good thing to keep going with!

You've made the connection once now, so every time you get that urge, go to your son. Feed him, change him, play with him, watch him sleep, whatever. Heck, if he's not around at the time, just think of him. Slowly you'll replace that urge with a much more important one: him.

Last edited:
went to lunch with abel [TACO15] and his wife. man i wanted a beer so bad. the guys on the side of us were drinking coronas and they looked so cold and sweet. but i sipped my cola and finished my $11 burger. a couple days ago a could not have gone with out drinking.

when i get home i might go for a walk with the baby and wife.

kinda proud of myself; i haven't gone 4 straight days with out alcohol or weed for about 6-8 years :)

I had an DUI, and the only person that offered any help was the wife...and she made me promise to never drink and drive again... I feel I've honored that promise until about St. Patric's day of this year.... and a time she was away in Japan while I was still stuck here waiting to go over there about 4 years ago...2 times I've faltered on that promise...thinking about those two times...I want to kick my own ass, but my knee's can't bend that way. and I made that promise back in 1999...and now it's 2008.

What does this have to do with this post...nothing at all...just a personal history and a different point of view. My job as an aircraft mechanic makes me have a level of responsibility....so drugs are a big "never to do" on my list...infact, I just had to google "nug" to find out what it was...thats how far away from drugs I'v set my self at. But on the other hand, since ciggs and beer is still legal, I'll do that to relieve stress that builds up during the day.

I drink, sometimes I drink until I can't type, and I try to only drink at my house and after everything is cleared off the daily to-do list...like take wife to doctor, take wife to dentist, take wife shopping, take wife to...etc.... When the time comes that I can sit back and slam a beer or 6....I'll jump on it, but keeping my level of drinking down to the point to where I can make it to work not smelling like a drunk or hungover.

Moderation

Kudo's to you for going dry and clean for a few days, I'll rep you after this is posted.

Back to moderation....

It is your choice, and only yours to stay clean and dry... You will have the support from your wife, and in a few years you will have the support from your kid ('s)....if they remember you as a person as you once was. And you will also find the support from us.

Don't give them the memories that they can hold against you.

Beer in moderation is controllable, but if you choose to go completely dry...thats even better. I work with a guy that is a major recovering alcoholic, and he works in bars as a band member most weekends.....and he has a sweet little girl with CP that he lovingly takes care of, and his care has forced him to fly straight and clean...and when I talk about beer, I can see he wants one really bad, but he's sipping water and mentally thinking that it's the good stuff.

thanks.

the hardest part is seeing people drink and not being able to. i'm about to ask my friends not to drink around me because its just soooo tempting to grab a cold one. i think it would be ok if i could drink just one, but no i have to keep drinking until i cant walk right and slur my words. i think i'm the kind of person that should never have a drink again.

once my health insurance kicks in. i'm going to see a psychologist about my addictive personality and all the anger issues i have towards my mom and dad. hopefully i can reverse my addiction and live myh life with out thinking about alcohol every couple hours.

off to the wheel shop to look for extended stud locking lug nuts

Parliament lights or Carlton lights....and Corona lights is moderation......

:D

Back