Life is hard for me right now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmm, i guess i should clarify:

i love formby's wife because she obviously loves him and doesn't want him to obsess about this necessary change in his life.

i believe that if you think you're in control, you most definitely are not. Iif you are in control, then there is no addiction.

think vs. are.

are = when there just is no more struggle, itch, urge. it's a take it or leave it 'meh' place; transcending the activity/need.

think = when you think you have your struggle, itch, or urge under control. this is when you actually have the least control.

his wife wanting him to be able to have an occasional, safe experience with alcohol in the comfort of their home seems alright to me -- the timing may not be right; maybe it is too soon -- but it does indicate that she's not a control nazi that wants to enforce radical change. she loves him and is doing everything she knows how to support him.

= :wub:

i know what you meant

what she wants me to do is find the control i once had. i dont think ill have a drink saturday night, but its good that she believes in me. she truly believes that i can overcome my addiction problem. maybe its true that she said that too soon but it shows me that she understand me and wants me to enjoy my self once in a while. and that makes me want to drink less.

went to 5 guys burger today and didnt even think about a brew :).

They serve beer there ? wow. what a wierd state.

i believe that if you think you're in control, you most definitely are not. Iif you are in control, then there is no addiction.

Ahh, but is not thinking about being in control the first step towards obtaining control, young grasshopper? :ph34r:

;)

Control is something you do, it has nothing to do with what you're thinking about.

I like Cel's comment, take all of our advice with a grain of salt, the person who knows what you need best is yourself.

well...

last night i was invited by an old friend to an AFL game. our home team the predators were playing for playoff home field advantage. [side line tickets]

any way

i drank 3 beers and smoked a bowl at the game with the person that invited me.

then we went to the ale house and had 2 pitchers between us and 20 wings but i finished drinking when i got a little tipsy and i only smoked a small bowl [2 hits].

i dont feel bad about it because i know that i wont have another drink for another couple weeks & i dont feel like i need to smoke or drink today.

i feel content that i have more control over the situation, before i would wake up wanting more to drink because i would be hung over. not any more.

i didnt get trashed or stupid high. i took care of my son today and when the wife got home i changed my oil pan gasket. actually had control last night, before i would just drink like it was going out of style. we drank the 2 pitchers while we watched the lakers spurs game so its not like we pounded them we talked and relaxed. i didnt feel like i had to drink my self under the table.

:ph34r::ph34r:

Good man. I am glad you both had fun and were able to control yourself. By the way, did the Preds win?

It's good that you were able to have fun and control yourself. I'd still recommend that you refrain from drinking and smoking whenever possible though. A situation like that can easily lead back into your old habits, so it's probably better to make sure those kind of situations are few and far between, at least for right now while you're trying to get a handle on all of this...

ohh yeah definately, its like when youre on a diet. you get one free day that you can eat or "cheat". friday was my day.
yesterday and today i spent it with my son and wife, we are about to go in the pool with the baby for the first time. i havent thought about a drink of about weed it feels great not to have those things in the back of my mind. ive been focusing on my family.

i can seriously say that i am overcoming my addictions!!

ohh yeah definately, its like when youre on a diet. you get one free day that you can eat or "cheat". friday was my day.
yesterday and today i spent it with my son and wife, we are about to go in the pool with the baby for the first time. i havent thought about a drink of about weed it feels great not to have those things in the back of my mind. ive been focusing on my family.

i can seriously say that i am overcoming my addictions!!

Good man, Formby. I am glad to see that your priorities are right as far as your family goes. I have the outmost faith that you will kick your addictions and do well.

I do the same thing that you did, except with my "diet" as you stated. Every Saturday, usually Saturday night, I eat like a starving bastard. I usually end up eating close to a whole cheese pie and wings. If I should eat other crap during the day so be it, however; once Sunday comes around, it is back to clean eating. :D

preds lost btw

Damn it! I like the Preds. My friend has told me that it's fun as hell to go to an Arena game. I'd like to someday.

addiction is about behavior as much as it is about substance, prolly even more so. If you were to check out a meeting (AA) they talk about being a "dry drunk". Often times quiting a substance works, but is replaced with other addictive behaviours. Something I deal with at times. The funny thing is that you don't realise it till you get one of those moment of calm in life and look back at yourself, and your actions and realise what you've been doing. IDK maybe it's a lack of diciplin on my part, maybe it's addiction rearing it's ugly head again. For instance I have times where I get sucked into the computer and shirk most of my other responsibilities. Just trying to give a perspective, not trying to threadjack.

i dont have that need for weed any more and beer is something that is begining not to be as important as it used to be.

yesterday almost all the people i know called me to smoke me out. i told all of them that i did not smoke any more.

and i didnt drink a drop after friday.

i feel good, the headache is gone

life is not too bad sober

When you get back to that place where you can experience non-chemically induced euphoria, you'll be even more thankful that you quit.

Last weekend, I was camping in the woods, sitting in front of the fire and i looked at a tree sprawling above me, I felt completely content with my life and grateful for how good things are going. I felt, well, euphoric. It only lasted a few moments, but it made me think of all the times I was drunk/stoned and realized that they never came close to how good I felt in that moment.

i'm still "dry"

i'm only drinking during special occasions.

saturday i took care of my son. then at night i watched the ufc fight at buffalo wild wings and only had 3 beers.

sunday i didnt drink i got my windows tinted and chilled with the baby.

feels good real good

Good to hear.

Don't fall off the wagon man.

Whatever you do. It just takes one slip.

My bro is in a real bad spot, and its not getting better for the time being.

glad you're doing better.. i've been trying to cut back smoking.. its only a weekend thing now, instead of an everyday thing.. one step at a time..

Back