LifeLock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Don't get it.

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Todd Davis has dared criminals for two years to try stealing his identity: Ads for his fraud-prevention company, LifeLock, even offer his Social Security number next to his smiling mug.
b

Now, Lifelock customers in Maryland, New Jersey and West Virginia are suing Davis, claiming his service didn't work as promised and he knew it wouldn't, because the service had failed even him.

Attorney David Paris said he found records of other people applying for or receiving driver's licenses at least 20 times using Davis' Social Security number, though some of the applications may have been rejected because data in them didn't match what the Social Security Administration had on file.
ID-protection ads come back to bite pitchman - Yahoo! News

so x amount of attempts were made, doesnt mean they were successful, isnt that the whole point?

my g/f was telling me that there were like 4 successful attempts on Davis' identity. (I dont know if thats mentioned in the article, i didnt read it).

Yeah, I knew that shit was a scam when I heard the radio ads. I refuse to buy any product that uses fear as a marketing tool. It's also why I refuse to vote Republican (I don't vote Democrat for obvious reasons).

Back