Light bulbs that fit garage door openers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
So, i come home to a dark garage... bulb is burnt.

No biggie, i'll go grab one of my 50 CFL's that i bought for $1 when they were on sale.

WTF. they don't fit. The 'flange' of the garage door opener (craftsman) doesn't allow the bulb to screw in all the way, as these are flat, not tapered designed.

The ones i have are like the one at 4pm in this image:

CFL_Family%20780b8e4a-67eb-438b-9403-51a0ee7ac7f7.jpg

Frankly, i don't think any of those will fit.

MAYBE i can find some old school incandescent bulbs around somewhere, but what about the future? i can't be the only one to run into this issue....

lol, if you're going to go with lower wattage i'd suggest an appliance or lamp bulb, usually smaller, but uses the same base.

Yeah, if i use an extension, it won't clear the cover. And that's no beuano either.

the socket looks like this, on a 20 or so degree angle sticking out

Pro%20Door%20Parts%2011%2017%202007%200501.JPG

i'd say to look into the appliance bulbs
probably your best bet and least amount of work

just go buy some damn incandescent bulbs
they still sell them everywhere and they actually fit

they also dont take 3 seconds to turn on and another 5 minutes to brighten up to the point where they are useful

i fucking hate CFLs.. not only do they suck... but they also contain mercury... yayyyy!!!! were saving the planet using a little less electricity... oh but we are poisoning the fucking ground and water with mercury when the bulbs die... fuck it no big deal.... were being "green"

/mini rant
:disgust1:

Buy a LED bulb instead of a CCFL. No mercury, less power used, made in sizes smaller than CCFL and Incandescent and instant-on.

Home Depot sells garage door opener bulbs. I believe they are supposed to be "vibration resistant" or something, like a ceiling fan bulb. I picked a few of them up a couple months ago when I put my opener in.

we attempted to switch up the office with LED's
we have recessed lighting with a GU10 base, and it just didn't work out.
not enough light like the bulb claimed, and it didn't last for shit, was suppossed to last like 10k hours vs a 3k hours standard bulb

still waiting for them to really catch up on the technology and get a little more affordable
$3-4 for a china bulb, $7-8 for a GE bulb, and $30 for the LED bulb which sucke3d bawls

Back