light flywheels...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

i need a new fly wheel because some of the teeth on my stock b16 flywheel are chipped.its making it pretty difficult to start the car,originally i thought it was a bad starter but it passed and is working ok, so its time to replace it.i came across a fidanza fly wheel. its $217 bucks from summit racing,it looks cheap but how well do they hold up? how much extra horsepower is gained from a lighter fly wheel?
i was told something like 30 horse power but it makes the car more difficult to drive ? i need some info........

lots of people have had grat luck with fidanza
they dont make any HP
they free up a few (less drivetrain loss)
its really not that hard to drive .... need to pay more attention when taking off and shit... and throttle position changes have greater effect on vehicle speed

ive got an 8lb flywheel and all that is differant that i can tell is that when taking off from a start you gotta rev it up a little higher cause the revs go down faster. i really dont feel any torque loss, it still feels damn fast.

I have a 9.2lb Kaiten kairu. I like it. Whatever kind of flywheel you decide to get try and get one that is machined from one piece of metal and does not have a pressed on ring. Just a little more reliable, but not that much different.

Back