1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

light flywheels...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by PHOBIA, Jun 21, 2004.

1. PHOBIA

PHOBIA Senior Member

i need a new fly wheel because some of the teeth on my stock b16 flywheel are chipped.its making it pretty difficult to start the car,originally i thought it was a bad starter but it passed and is working ok, so its time to replace it.i came across a fidanza fly wheel. its $217 bucks from summit racing,it looks cheap but how well do they hold up? how much extra horsepower is gained from a lighter fly wheel?
    i was told something like 30 horse power but it makes the car more difficult to drive ? i need some info........

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

lots of people have had grat luck with fidanza
    they dont make any HP
    they free up a few (less drivetrain loss)
    its really not that hard to drive .... need to pay more attention when taking off and shit... and throttle position changes have greater effect on vehicle speed

3. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

ive got an 8lb flywheel and all that is differant that i can tell is that when taking off from a start you gotta rev it up a little higher cause the revs go down faster. i really dont feel any torque loss, it still feels damn fast.

4. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

I have a 9.2lb Kaiten kairu. I like it. Whatever kind of flywheel you decide to get try and get one that is machined from one piece of metal and does not have a pressed on ring. Just a little more reliable, but not that much different.

5. PHOBIA

PHOBIA Senior Member

do you know fidanza specs?

6. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted