Light Weight Dash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Does anyone know of a prefab light weight dash for the ek? I'm not looking for anything flashy, just something so when I remove all the useless stuff under my dash I can put something lighter back on.

I was thinking of that too, but I was looking for something to cover a little of mess behind the dash. Although I don't know what its going to look like after I remove everything, I'm sure its messed up looking. I'm really only needing a dash, gage area around the drivers area, so that idea may work out well, but I was looking for something pre made so I don't have to come up with the idea and try to make it or get it made myself. I'm not that handy with that kind of stuff. But yeah, full race.

i cant think of one off the top of my head but im sure theres numoruous companies that make fiberglass dashes for the ek...do a lil research (if u havent already) cause im sure ive sen them before

Wow, you should see some of the fugly things that come up when you do a search for honda civic fiberglass dash. I will search more tomorrow. How many wires are under my dash (on the pass. side) that I will need to keep. If there aren't many, I may try to fab something up.

cut off the passenger side of the dash(if theres wires behind the passenger side, get a sheet of fiberglass or something to cover it), then drill holes all over your dash, put tape under the holes to prevent anything from falling under there(maybe some nice colored tape to add a little zing). :)

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Nov 28 2004, 03:42 PM
cut off the passenger side of the dash(if theres wires behind the passenger side, get a sheet of fiberglass or something to cover it), then drill holes all over your dash, put tape under the holes to prevent anything from falling under there(maybe some nice colored tape to add a little zing). :)
[post=423280]Quoted post[/post]​

Stage four weight reduction there. I'm going to look at summit first. I like the colored tape idea B)

Back