Lights go bright and dim

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Got a small issue. I was driving my civic around tonight and I noticed that the lights would be dim then bright then dim again. I reved the motor to see if it was an altinator issue and it didn't seem to be. The lights got bright when the motor was reving down not up. Weird stuff. I'm going to replace the bulbs tomorrow(i kno thats not the issue). Any thoughts on this? Bad ground maybe??

Is your battery connection good? One night i noticed my lights would flicker whenever i hit a bump....and then i looked under the hood and one of my connections to the battery was not secure and easily came off when i touched it....so i secured it down and ive never had the problem since.

everything is tight. I'll check my grounds next. I may get one of those ground wire kits too just for the hell of it. It just seems to be switched almost when the lights change. Like there's something kicking on thats sucking the power. Who knows.

IT COULD POSSIBLY BE YOUR CAR IS IDLING TO LOW AND U DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO RUN YOUR LIGHTS, ALSO IF U HAVE A AUDIO SYSTEM IN YOUR CAR MAYBE A CAPASITOR WILL HELP. OR JUST THE BATTERY IS STARTING TO GO ON YA.

is the alternator belt slipping ??

Back