lights help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mushvroom

Where to begin...

I am trying to put some turn signal sockets in my EG, (one side was missing). So at the same time, I decided to clean up the wires a bit, organize the wires from headlight and the citylights and the turn signals. Before soldering the wires together, the turn signal lights were working, power came from the wires. But after soldering them together and checking to see if the turn signals work, well it didn't.

I checked all the fuses. The city lights won't come on and the turn signals won't come on, only the headlights. I cut the wires again where the soldering was done, and check the power on the wire itself from the car..nope. No power. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

it sounds like you blew a fuse, but if thats definitely no an option, i dont know what else it could be.

thats just strange...have you followed the wires back to see if you might have accidently pulled them out when wiring?

Very simple solution. It can be 1 of 3 things.
1. you blew a fuse.
2. you crossed the wires.
3. you pulled the wire loose from the clip.
First check the fuse by figuring out which one runs your parking lights. Pull it out and replace it. Fuses can be tricky, they might not look blown. Then find the clip that for the signals. Make sure its not corroded or broken. Use a tester light on that. Hopefully that helps.
Jay

Back