lights on dash board what this mean?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deshone1991CRX

What would be the cause of the door open warning lights and the seat belt warning lights in the dash and on the headliner to light up when the brake is depressed on a 1991 Honda CRX DX? Why wont the break lights work.

do you know any pranksters w/ access to your car?
5spd?
I don't see any common wires between brake and door yet...

I can give you all the wiring diagrams, but it's up to you to use them correctly, and I know from experience there are a few discrepancies in the diagram.. at least on referenceV.

It kinda sounds like somehow your brake switch got wired into your door jamb switch by some dastardly individual... or pinched wires somewhere.

OK, both the latch and jamb reminder lights go thru the "seat belt unit" (solid state) which goes to the cluster speed sensor which inputs the ECU. And the ECU has a brake switch input...

You have a problem dude. This might be one of those "replace w/ known good part" deals. Sucks. ECU, cluster, seat belt unit, dastardly individual, pinched wires, other....

PM me to remind me to post the diagrams when I'm more sober.... maybe tomorrow or next week ;)

plus it could remind me to remember to look on IATN during lunch so that might help... surely you're not the only one... barring the dastardly individual.

I have 3 EFs so I'd like to see the fix on this.

Last edited:
Yeah you have a short somewhere. Find a diagram and start tracing wires. It sucks but...

i know this post is a month old, i had the same issue, when i hit the brake pedal my open-door lgiht would come on and start beeping. my lights were out in the rear, just popped a fuse in. been good ever since ,,,, that was 4 years ago

Back