lights on driver side brighter .. need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
alright.. a little while back i noticed a taillight out on the teggie, so i replace both bulbs .. one day i was watching Jen drive off and the driver taillight is brighter than the passenger .. kinda confusing to explain so i'll be taking pictures here shortly when she gets back from the bank .. .. i'm thinking its an electrical relay or something because the driver headlight is brighter too.. not really sure how long its been this way, but i'm guessing its the reason for the driver taillight burning out

This is with the lights off applying brake

2011-02-26_18-52-23_877.jpg

This is with the light on.. no brake

2011-02-26_18-53-25_619.jpg

This is lights on applying brake

2011-02-26_18-52-40_889.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm I would grab an OHM reader and check your resistance on each side and see if they are the same. IF they are not you might have some bad wiring or something like that. Or even check the voltage and see if one is slightly lower.

edit: Just removed my last comment cause you said tail light and headlight, so i doubt its a foggy lense.

Where im going with this testing thing, if you start at the headlight and find that one is different than the other, you could trace that wire back with your tester, testing at intervals until you find where the added voltage is coming from. Look at your relays too, there is a chance that one could be bad and and bridging inside the relay maybe and adding voltage? Is that even possible... I dunno man you got a weird one going on.

Last edited:
Easy fix... pulled the bulbs out and put them right back in... all is good now.. must've had a bad contact

lol; I was going to suggest that. I had a friend with similar issues on his Lancer Evo. I suggest using some dielectric grease to help prevent it(of course, cleaning the contact areas first).

Back