Lime Rock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

number9

I went to Lime Rock today (for the first time) with CART. The day got off to an hour+ delay because LRP decided to have a paving company do some patch work at the entry to the downhill. So, the left side entry to the downhill became a middle entry, as they had the patch coned off.

Anyway, I managed to put about 40 miles on the track. The day consisted of a 20 minute practice session in the morning (by group), followed by an open session (I had to work a corner diring the open session.) Then in the afternoon we had two timed runs.

My best timed lap was 1:16 and change, running on Kumho Ecsta MXs (wear rating 220). People whom I'm consistantly +/- 1 second from at Bristol (the faster Fieros and a Neon, etc.), were in the 1:10-1:12 range, all running R-Compound tires. Next year I'll do it on racing rubber.

It was a long day, but a great experience.

Oh yeah, I came in 8th in my class. That part really sucked. I think the winning time in my class was about 1:09 or 1:10.

Is it this sunday? heheheheh... I may bring 2-3 quarts of oil with me and head on down... :)

Back