Limited Edition Mugen Civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chop the S2000 in half and weld up a section with rear seats and you have both in one really fucked up car...

I"d consider it... I'm looking for a nice, fun 4 door... And the 4 door Si is one of my considerations, and this would make it more appetizing...

Although those rims wouldn't do too good on my bumpy dirt road.

Again SI for just under 30K or a EVO/STI for around 30K

Hmmmm

NO CIVIC is worth over 20K I don't care if it comes with 250hp, its still a friggin civic.

A 350Z you drive three times a month isn't worth the 30k price tag either. ;)

Another thing to consider is insurance, while a evo may be the same price for the car, the ins will be a lot higher. Same goes for a 350z or s2000 (or is it s2k, im not sure ;))

I could afford a 03-04 350, but the insurance is gonna rape me anally without any lube and not call me the next day to see if im ok. I've check on progressive, the online thing.. but i just dont trust it. They say I could get full coverage with a 500 deductable and only pay 275/mo... something tells me its just a little off.

Last edited:
A 350Z you drive three times a month isn't worth the 30k price tag either. ;)

Depends on how you look at it, the KBB on my 350Z is more then what I paid for it and that's besides the point.

If I had to pick one car in the 28-30K range, there's no way in hell I'd ever pick a civic. NO WAY. 5 grand less would get you a TSX

As far as insurance goes, you never know. there's so many factors.
Brand new 2007 SI first year model, could cost out the ass since if something happens the insurance company is going to have to use all brand new OEM parts. where if you were to buy a 350Z, there's 4 years worth of cars on the road that share the same parts. there for the insurance has dropped a lot on them due to age. and that happens with any car.

I've found that the car doesn't have as big of an impact on insurance as your credit, age, and driving record.

Same goes for bikes. same state same county, I pay 39 bucks for full coverage while a friend of mine pays almost 300 a month.

why? his background...

besides if you're worried about insurance why wouldnt you get something like a Volvo S60R...

2005 S60R 300HP 295 Torque, AWD + lux. could you ask for more for less money then that over priced civic?

Brand new the invoice is 27-35K

Bottom line, just under 30K = way to much for any civic.

P.S when I had only the Z on my policy I believe it was 170 a month with a $100 deductible and 100 150 100 coverage.
Now that I have the TL I pay just over $100 for the Z and about $80 for the TL. again $100 deductible on both. 23, male, and single.

170/mo damn! will be 23 when getting new car, single, no accidents on record and no tickets in 2, almost 3, years. Pretty sure my credit is average or above... If i could swing even a 200/mo on a 350... id be reeeeealll tempted. although snow = non-rwd... maybe an evo..

170/mo damn! will be 23 when getting new car, single, no accidents on record and no tickets in 2, almost 3, years. Pretty sure my credit is average or above... If i could swing even a 200/mo on a 350... id be reeeeealll tempted. although snow = non-rwd... maybe an evo..

the 170 a mo was when I first got the car. 3 years ago

Insurance is very weird, with out doing quotes you'll never know.:ph34r:

Last edited:
Just ban yourself now, Cal. :p

Hey, I'm not going to build it. :p

Another thing to consider is insurance, while a evo may be the same price for the car, the ins will be a lot higher. Same goes for a 350z or s2000 (or is it s2k, im not sure ;))

The S2000 with full coverage actually costs less to insure than Katie's 88 Civic LX with only liability. Imagine that. I think the 88 model rear steer had something to do with it.

Even the LX had the passive rear steer ? Wow.. I learned something today.

I'm not sure that the sedans had the passive rear steer, but they did have the same rear LCAs as the CRXs. In any case, the passive rear steer on the CRX probably doomed all the 88 Civics to insurance hell whether it was actually on the car or not.

Speaking of insurance... I can't wait to turn 25... my september insurance bill is going to be badass cheap.

mine didnt drop that much when i turned 25..

i seen the 4dr SI tonight.. they look pretty decent..

Back