limited slip differential

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

number9

Anybody have experience with one on a Honda/Acura? Pros? Cons?

I do....the only LSD for the CRX is the phantom Grip.....and it works like crazy....

For your Car...just wait a bit....PM me...I will have something when the wife gets back from JDM land.

That is true...it is not a real LSD...but unfortunately...no-one made an LSD for my car....the 87 CRX Si....except Mugen...and it was still for the DOHC ZC engine/trany combo....I have heard of a rumor that there was one for the GW trany...but one a few were made....but the Phantom Grip works very well in my car, and no problems for 2 years. The harder you apply pressure, the harder it locks up.

The wife picked up a Type-R 98 spec LSD, and I think she is looking for a few more.

easy as hell, the hardest part was removing the trany. After that, it's a cake walk. Plus I suggest getting the rebuild kit for the trany....unless you want to keep grinding 2nd gear like mine............

Originally posted by Airjockie@Oct 13 2003, 09:18 PM
easy as hell, the hardest part was removing the trany. After that, it's a cake walk. Plus I suggest getting the rebuild kit for the trany....unless you want to keep grinding 2nd gear like mine............

:lol: 2nd gear will be smooth like butter when you open that sucker up!!

Chip- Quaiffe. It's the only way to go if you ask me. At $850 bucks, its not cheap. But, it has a 100% lifetime warranty. The Kazz aren't as strong, and the OEM ITR's LSD isn't as strong or as "grip worthy" either.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm considering moving up to DSP and they allow the LSD. So, depending on my budget, it's a logical upgrade. But so are R-compound tires and that will set me back as well - especially if I drop down to a 13" wheel (which I don't have yet either).

What do the LSDs generally weigh?

you won't need R-compounds to win DSP. your times now are already better than most, if not all, in that class on a regular basis. with an LSD on all those tight corners where the inside spins, you'll be able to pull out of the apex even faster.

as for weight, i really can't say. i think the gain over the stock would be minimal... 5 lbs??

i most likely could benefit from a LSD, but noone makes such a device for the FM25 1.5L tranny. oh well.

Hey, those Mugen CF48's I was sporting at the rain event are for sale. They are 13". Neat wheel, noticeable difference.

-> Steve

i like em but they would be outta place on my car. maybe next year when i do my custom black or dark dark green paint (darker than chips) il decide on dark or light wheels... i really like those rage racing wheels.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 14 2003, 09:18 AM
you won't need R-compounds to win DSP. your times now are already better than most, if not all, in that class on a regular basis.

Maybe, maybe not. There's a guy in DSP (Chris Roddy) who didn't run much this year, and he's quite good (Driver of the Year last year. In a Toyota - which is tres unacceptable).

Steve: those Mugen's are the right diameter, but if I drop down to a 13" wheel, I'd probably look for something 8" or 8.5" wide. Chet had a nice setup in his Civic. I believe he has Keiser wheels. But who knows? I may just slap some 15" tires on the wheels I own now and save my $.....

Back