Limitless is possible? Modafinil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Is this what they prescribe for "shift workers syndrome"? aka a dumb ass work schedule that doesn't allow for a sleep cycle.

effects of things like this probably won't be felt or seen right away. It will be its continued use that eventually leads to cell degradation... cancer. etc...

Is this what they prescribe for "shift workers syndrome"? aka a dumb ass work schedule that doesn't allow for a sleep cycle.

Yep that's exactly it. I've got a M-F 7:00am to 6:00-ish pm job but every few months I've got one crappy-ass Saturday where I have to work 11:00pm - 7:00am... I've been considering trying it for that one hellish day.

What ever happened to good ole' booze and coke? Shift workers syndrome... Pshhh

Until you have worked the 24-48 schedule, then you can't "psh" anything.

The drug worked for me right of the bat the first day I took it, and yes it was designed for Narcolepsy, but now prescribed for "shift work sleep disorder".

Good luck finding an insurance company that will pay for the drug though. If yours wont, expect to pay $900-$1100 dollars for 30 pills. Generic or name brand.

"Shift workers syndrome" is just a nice way of saying "my employer is too cheap to properly staff my job, therefore I have the privilege of working ridiculous hours". Here is just a sample of a week when I was a light rail train operator.

Mon- 4a-12p
Tuesday- 8a-4p
Wednesday-12p-8p
Thursday-4p-12a
Friday-6p-2a

Oh, then get ready to be back in at 4a on Monday. You literally have no sleep schedule. I lived on sleeping pills and coffee/caffeine pills for over a year. Just remember, I was operating heavy machinery on public roads. Usually on about 4 hours sleep.

Yea I get both of those. Worked long third shifts for 6 years. Still affects my sleep schedule years later. Im not saying pshhh to it being real (and f you matt I CAN still pshhh it of I wanna!) Im saying coke n booze will allow you to "pshhh" S.W.S. :lol:

Yea I get both of those. Worked long third shifts for 6 years. Still affects my sleep schedule years later. Im not saying pshhh to it being real (and f you matt I CAN still pshhh it of I wanna!) Im saying coke n booze will allow you to "pshhh" S.W.S. :lol:

So many "pshhh"s in this reply! lol I like it because every third day I'm on shift for 24 hours, which can be busy as hell or quiet. Then the two days after that I try to stay awake during the day and sleep at night just to have my sleep cycle jacked up again on the next shift. This drug has helped me stay awake and fall asleep.

I'd be all for trying it. The non prescription alternatives online are tempting but pricey. Im just saying in Chicago I worked weird third shifts all week and had to fix my schedule for the weekend if I wanted to rejoin society. Id need to stay up after work all friday and drink that night to get some good sleep. Worked well enough.

Back